Stampede Latest RT-590 firmware version

Hamp

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
What us the latest firmware and build version the 590?

Just for grins, I just checked my 1250 and I was at 2.0.9 and was just given the opportunity to upgrade to 2.1.2. Again, not a 590, but "something" is happening in Recteq world. It'll be a few days before I can go see what changed.

I just checked my app and it is Version 2.0.4, Build 738. I don’t see anywhere that an upgrade option is available. Am I missing something? I don’t think the app is different for each model is it? I am using it with the Trailblazer/RT-340.

That’s what my 590 says. No option for an upgrade.

I don’t think the app is different for each model is it?
If "doze guys" are following conventional hardware/software rules, there is a distinction between the app versions and firmware versions. Firmware typically refers to stuff loaded onto a physical device i.e. a Recteq grill controller. App software versions are a separate animal and your mileage may vary.

FWIW, when I did the 2.1.2 firmware update (from the app...apologizes for the confusion), the first instruction is to make sure you're connected to your grill and that it was turned OFF. I paused as my grill was still plugged in, but under the nefarious cover (sans zipper). Fire extinguisher at the ready, I elected to upgrade the firmware.

Long story short, we'll see if I create Satan's Fire on my next cook, but today's firmware update was uneventful.

If "doze guys" are following conventional hardware/software rules, there is a distinction between the app versions and firmware versions. Firmware typically refers to stuff loaded onto a physical device i.e. a Recteq grill controller. App software versions are a separate animal and your mileage may vary.

FWIW, when I did the 2.1.2 firmware update (from the app...apologizes for the confusion), the first instruction is to make sure you're connected to your grill and that it was turned OFF. I paused as my grill was still plugged in, but under the nefarious cover (sans zipper). Fire extinguisher at the ready, I elected to upgrade the firmware.

Long story short, we'll see if I create Satan's Fire on my next cook, but today's firmware update was uneventful.
Thanks for that explanation; it makes sense.

I just checked my app and it is Version 2.0.4, Build 738. I don’t see anywhere that an upgrade option is available. Am I missing something? I don’t think the app is different for each model is it? I am using it with the Trailblazer/RT-340.
In the app, tap on your grill, then click settings on the top right. Click on firmware version and you will see a download and install option there if your grill is capable. Grill needs to be plugged in but turned off. It is 2.1.2 as stated before, it has changed since last week.

Set my new 590 up Tuesday and it is currently at 2.09 and has connected and worked flawlessly, but do see that 2.1.2 is available for upgrade, wonder what the bug fixes and improvements are? I love the phone app by the way, super easy to use and very intuitive.

I've had my 590 since March 2020 and there is no option to update in my app. Am I missing anything? The app and grill both work fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back