Latest app update busted connectivity

lowcountrygamecock

So my app has been connecting to the bull for years with no issues. I had to install an extender to initially get it to connect but I haven’t had any problems since then until now. I’ve used the bull twice this week before the app update. I came home yesterday to fire it up and it forced me to update the app first. It’s been spotty connectivity ever since. 90% of the time it shows offline but will intermittently connect for a few minutes occasionally. Anybody else having this issue? Nothing has changed with grill location, wifi extender or internet service. The only change was the app update.

Update. I had problems all night with intermittent connection. Started the app early this morning and still no connection. Fired up the bull manually and checked the app a few times over the next 30 minutes but still no connection. Around 6:30 this morning I got a temp alert on my phone and for the last hour it’s stayed connected. No idea what’s going on but hopefully it’s fixed.

Update. I had problems all night with intermittent connection. Started the app early this morning and still no connection. Fired up the bull manually and checked the app a few times over the next 30 minutes but still no connection. Around 6:30 this morning I got a temp alert on my phone and for the last hour it’s stayed connected. No idea what’s going on but hopefully it’s fixed.
I think there was a recent app update.

Since I had to update my 590 I can set my temp at just say 350 as it will go up to 310 or 320 and then drop down to 280 for a while, and then gradually go up to 350. I don’t get it either?

I can't see how the app would cause temperature fluctuations unless it is continuously changing the set point. Changing the setpoint via the app should be no different than physically adjusting the setpoint via the dial on the grill. If you watch the screen on the grill controller itself, do you see the setpoint temperature change? If not, then any temperature fluctuations are a function of pellets, dust and the internal controller in the grill, not the app.

Fired up late last night after the update all was well and lost all data at midnight… 🙄

I’m using the app right now on my 590. So far no issue but I’ll be watching closely.
They advertised the app pretty hard on a recent marketing email for the Super Bowl. It will be interesting to see if traffic hinders the app like it has in the past.
I hope all of your issues resolve themselves quickly and easily and thank you for the heads up.

Bank on server side issues if lots of folks are cooking. Until they get scalable servers it will continue to be an issue. Speaking of, which operating system are users in this thread using? Android or iOS?

iOS here, and won't fire up until tomorrow, but I haven't been getting probe notifications since about three updates ago. Luckily, I'm just cooking snacks tomorrow and won't need more than my Thermapen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back