RT-1250 New to RecTeq, just ordered a 1250!

nyyyankees87

After a 3 week battle with a Pit Boss 1150 PS2 (and not knowing about RecTeq) I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself a 1250! I ordered it on Tuesday night, and already got the email that it's been shipped. Estimated arrival is between 6/17 & 6/23! Beyond excited. Are there any accessories that you guys recommend? Favorite pellets? I have a ton of Pit Boss pellets (easily available) in my garage, but where I'm located we're limited. Lumberjack pellets are a 35 minute drive, as are Bear Mountain outside of their gourmet blend. I plan on making the drive to get better pellets, just unsure if I should go North to Lumberjack, or South to Bear Mountain.

After a 3 week battle with a Pit Boss 1150 PS2 (and not knowing about RecTeq) I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself a 1250! I ordered it on Tuesday night, and already got the email that it's been shipped. Estimated arrival is between 6/17 & 6/23! Beyond excited. Are there any accessories that you guys recommend? Favorite pellets? I have a ton of Pit Boss pellets (easily available) in my garage, but where I'm located we're limited. Lumberjack pellets are a 35 minute drive, as are Bear Mountain outside of their gourmet blend. I plan on making the drive to get better pellets, just unsure if I should go North to Lumberjack, or South to Bear Mountain.
Congratulations on your new grill, welcome to the madness.

Bear Mountain Bourbon are 8.99 with 7.00 shipping per order at Farm and Fleet. So if you still want to drive you can go North for LJ and online of Bear Mountain.

They're both the same distance from my house, just opposite directions lol.

I can get Bear mountain bourbon/gourmet from my local Lowe's. I was hoping to get their other kinds, I don't mind the drive personally. Tractor supply is a tiny bit closer and away from the traffic. If I go during the day it's not bad.

They're both the same distance from my house, just opposite directions lol.

I can get Bear mountain bourbon/gourmet from my local Lowe's. I was hoping to get their other kinds, I don't mind the drive personally. Tractor supply is a tiny bit closer and away from the traffic. If I go during the day it's not bad.
Road trip!

The other flavors are 10.99 per bag. $7 delivered to your door, you won't burn any gas, you didn't take an hour or two out of your life, you didn't lift the bags in and out of your cart and into and out of your car to get it to your house.
But you do miss out on cool things or things on sale accidentally falling into your cart, or walking past something and realizing "Hey I Need That!"

I was going to order lumber jack from them, 4 bags were like 35$ shipping. I never went to a tractor supply too, so I'd probably roam around for a while lol. Ordering a recteq took a lot out of me, and I mean a lot. I don't doubt the brand, I don't doubt the quality, I'm just the type of person who likes instant gratification and getting to check it out before spending that much money. Out here, we're used to the big box brands and kinda just accept the fact that they're mostly awful lol. I was using pit boss pellets for years, had no idea about lumberjack or bear mountain being substantially better.

SO! Uh. I ordered the smoker Tuesday night. About 8pm. It shipped Wednesday. From Georgia, to New Jersey. Which is about a 15-16hr drive. It's already in my town, 5 minutes from my house, with delivery on Monday apparently... Has anyone ever seen them go this fast? With all the shipping issues people have had, it's almost concerning. I just hope it's not damaged. It's like prime shipping, but with freight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back