RT-1250 RT1250 Finally Ordered

Mogulmasher

After watching the RecTeq site for months and hoping for some kind of price reduction I
hit upon an acceptable (to me) deal today. The RT1250 is listed at $1519 (5% MSRP of $1599).
Also offered is a 74lb bundle of assorted pellets included free with grill purchase and everything shipped free.
Today on the site is a coupon for 5% discount to be applied at time of order. Enough incentive to make me hit
that "add to cart" button. The wait begins.

Congrats, Now you can cook 170 wings at once! That is what you bought it for, right?
If I guessed wrong - then why did you pick the 1250? Just curious...

I enjoy outdoor activities and cooking is at the top of the list. I also like to
include my friends, family and neighbors on the guest list. We all love hanging out
and enjoying time spent together. I first decided I wanted an RT700 but the
folding front shelf and second interior shelf are options on the 700 where they
are standard on the 1250. Just thought the 1250 would be the better choice
for me.

Yes, when I was finally ready to pull the trigger, all of the things like a second rack, front tray, etc., were options on the 700 and standard on the 1250 making the price point "close enough". At the time, the 700 still had the old controller, old heat deflector, and old auger which made my decision super simple.

I rarely fill up my 1250, but it's sure nice to have the room when I do. @Mogulmasher I think you will be very happy with your purchase. I know I am after kicking tires for a couple of years.

When I bought my 700 the 1250 didn’t exist but like both you and @Pacman I would have opted for the 1250. I like To cook briskets and pork butts a little farther from the heat source and with a pan underneath for easy clean up so the second shelf would have been nice. Plus I’ve needed the extra room a few times for big cooks. It’s all in what you like and how you plan to use it.

When I bought my 700 the 1250 didn’t exist but like both you and @Pacman I would have opted for the 1250. I like To cook briskets and pork butts a little farther from the heat source and with a pan underneath for easy clean up so the second shelf would have been nice. Plus I’ve needed the extra room a few times for big cooks. It’s all in what you like and how you plan to use it.
I purchased the 1250 with some of the same thought process. The problem is there just isn‘t enough room on the 2nd shelf for a full packer sized brisket or pork butt. Rarely do I cook with the 2nd shelf in place. For me the only time it’s usefully is when I just doing smaller cuts of meat like wings, Chicken half’s, etc. Hindsight being 20-20 I would opt for the 700. I love my RecTeq and would buy another one. My main reason for buying the 1250 was the 2nd shelf, thinking I could use both shelves when cooking pork butts and briskets at the same time. There is just not enough clearance for those types of cooks. My neighbor bought the 2500, thats a best and on my wish list.

Yeah @Narcosis5560 I’ve even looked at the aftermarket second shelf options and it’s the same issue with headroom on the second shelf. Fine for the smaller items but not the big cuts. It’s the limitation of the round barrel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HunterC
Back