Hotdogs - Wife Feedback

Hilbe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
I got rid of my ancient Weber Genesis gasser when I got the bull and later got a bullseye. My wife complains she doesn't like how the hotdogs taste off the pellet grills - like wood she says. She says she always liked them on my old Weber. Suggestions on what to do. Do I buy another gasser? Is there some option to remove/minimize the wood flavor? Do I get a Blackstone?

Traditionally I use a competition blend of pellets and cook them on cast iron grates on the Bullseye at 500 or RIOT.

I use a small gas grill for hot dogs and such. Cost me only $95 and works great. Charbroil X200.
AD57A0B1-30F8-43B4-B541-4B5C8160B27B.jpeg

if you have a fire pit. you cant beat cooking them on a stick, great family time. but that will probably have an even more smokey woody flavor?

Get a cast iron griddle or pan to fit in the grill. I find this is the best way to do hot dogs. Get the char on them, then wrap/cover to slow chance of smoke.

If I were to buy the griddle for the bullseye. Wouldn't the hotdogs still take on a wood taste?

Some things you just need a good charcoal grill for. I recently added a SnS Kettle to the fleet and I love it! Many upgrades from a Weber Ketlle and I really like the slow n sear insert and the stainless drip pan that doubles as a skillet for direct cooking.

20210531_161004.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back