Bullseye 380x how to convince the wife

somemayo

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
So I found this posting on Facebook marketplace, has about 10 cooks on it. What do you guys think about the price? I brought it up to the wife and she was like oh this would replace the 1250 that I don’t need 2 😂 I tried telling her I could get the griddle attachment and make breakfast on it that didn’t seem to work 😂

IMG_2097.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

If you don’t get it PM me and let me know where it is. If it’s close enough to me I’d pick it up for that price.

If you don’t get it PM me and let me know where it is. If it’s close enough to me I’d pick it up for that price.
Someone made a point on another site that the warranty does not transfer is that something to worry about with the bulleyes?

Someone made a point on another site that the warranty does not transfer is that something to worry about with the bulleyes?
You would be taking a chance for sure. But that’s why a fairly new $900 grill with an $80 cast iron grate is for sale for $500. As long as you don’t fry the controller (and you don’t see many people complaining of a fried controller on the forums) a new motor is around $30, igniter $25 and I’m not sure what an auger would cost but my guess less than $50. If you are handy enough to fix those things, and your controller doesn’t go out, I thinks it’s a good deal but you have to decide that for yourself depending on your risk tolerance.

Just to make sure, I’d list it for 50% above retail because it is “pre-seasoned.” :rolleyes:
Haha not a bad deal. Honestly if I sold it I could probably get close cause it has the competition cart that I got for free from recteq.

You would be taking a chance for sure. But that’s why a fairly new $900 grill with an $80 cast iron grate is for sale for $500. As long as you don’t fry the controller (and you don’t see many people complaining of a fried controller on the forums) a new motor is around $30, igniter $25 and I’m not sure what an auger would cost but my guess less than $50. If you are handy enough to fix those things, and your controller doesn’t go out, I thinks it’s a good deal but you have to decide that for yourself depending on your risk tolerance.
True I wonder if I could get it a little cheaper, might see what his bottom price is and then decide.

So I found this posting on Facebook marketplace, has about 10 cooks on it. What do you guys think about the price? I brought it up to the wife and she was like oh this would replace the 1250 that I don’t need 2 😂 I tried telling her I could get the griddle attachment and make breakfast on it that didn’t seem to work 😂

View attachment 20382

View attachment 20383
My wife was easy, I get to smoke my way, she smokes her way 🤪😉😂

You would be taking a chance for sure. But that’s why a fairly new $900 grill with an $80 cast iron grate is for sale for $500. As long as you don’t fry the controller (and you don’t see many people complaining of a fried controller on the forums) a new motor is around $30, igniter $25 and I’m not sure what an auger would cost but my guess less than $50. If you are handy enough to fix those things, and your controller doesn’t go out, I thinks it’s a good deal but you have to decide that for yourself depending on your risk tolerance

I did reach out to them and the controller costs 199 before tax and that is the most expensive part for them.

If your wife hates heating up and cleaning up the kitchen to cook side dishes, that angle may work. Between that and eating some Chef Greg pizza at the RT Academy, I managed to secure my 380X to complement the 700.

If your wife hates heating up and cleaning up the kitchen to cook side dishes, that angle may work. Between that and eating some Chef Greg pizza at the RT Academy, I managed to secure my 380X to complement the 700.
True we do a lot more fast cooking right now anyway coming from the gas grill life and the 1250 does a decent job at it but the bullseye would be better.

True we do a lot more fast cooking right now anyway coming from the gas grill life and the 1250 does a decent job at it but the bullseye would be better.
I also have a Weber Summit 6 burner, so 3 grills is never too many! Others here would say I'm three or four short of done.

I also have a Weber Summit 6 burner, so 3 grills is never too many! Others here would say I'm three or four short of done.
haha. I was hoping of a one stop solution. For pizza how is that cooked is there an attachment?

I think I was able to get it for 400. So just need to figure out when I am going to go pick it up.
At that price, I wouldn’t waste any time picking it up! That is a very good find. And, it will give you an easy hot-and-fast cook option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back