Hotdogs - Wife Feedback

We normally cook our hot dogs in a cast-iron skillet. Gets them crispy all over and keeps the juices inside. I'd think a flat-top should get similar results.

Ordered a Blackstone 36 incher today. Walmart only $274 with free shipping. Guess I'm going to shamefully be buying propane for a bit.
If the guilt gets to be too much, I will relieve you of that burden. ;) I've been watching the WALTWINS youtube videos and the Blackstone is on my list of new outdoor cooking toys. Just need to convince the wife.

Ordered a Blackstone 36 incher today. Walmart only $274 with free shipping. Guess I'm going to shamefully be buying propane for a bit.
season 2 GIF

Aaaand wife told me she didn't want it cooked on a skillet "I can do that inside on cast iron"...so Blackstone canceled. Back at square 1.

Do you have natural gas? Then you don't have to get propane and the convenience is well worth it once you decide which gasser is right for you. You can always put the sear plates on the gasser which is a bonus. I will likely never use my gasser the same. Just cooked hot dogs on it tonight with the sear plates and they came out absolutely perfect. So much control over the cook.

Do you have natural gas? Then you don't have to get propane and the convenience is well worth it once you decide which gasser is right for you. You can always put the sear plates on the gasser which is a bonus. I will likely never use my gasser the same. Just cooked hot dogs on it tonight with the sear plates and they came out absolutely perfect. So much control over the cook.

Well...I ran a natural gas rough-in to the lower level where I thought I would have a pool by now. Planned on BBQ'n by the pool. However, pool plan is on hold for other priorities. So no natural gas where I would need it on the deck.

Well...I ran a natural gas rough-in to the lower level where I thought I would have a pool by now. Planned on BBQ'n by the pool. However, pool plan is on hold for other priorities. So no natural gas where I would need it on the deck.

You are golden then.. I would pick up a nice 2 burner Weber Spirit natural gas and call it a day. Good for both straight grate cooking or grill grates/griddle. Best of everything right there and gives you all the options you need.

Grill grates offer the Sear N Sizzle which has no holes but some sizes lock and some don't. Basically you get your griddle this way also and just put right over the standard grate.

If she doesn't like them on the grates/griddle you still have straight flame (well over heat shields) on the standard grate.

Edit.. thought the line was there my bad. Guess it might be worth looking to finish it off.

I got rid of my ancient Weber Genesis gasser when I got the bull and later got a bullseye. My wife complains she doesn't like how the hotdogs taste off the pellet grills - like wood she says. She says she always liked them on my old Weber. Suggestions on what to do. Do I buy another gasser? Is there some option to remove/minimize the wood flavor? Do I get a Blackstone?

Traditionally I use a competition blend of pellets and cook them on cast iron grates on the Bullseye at 500 or RIOT.
Try cooking the dogs in your pressure cooker. put the dogs in the cooker with some water and your favorite rub seasoning. They come out delicous

I got rid of my ancient Weber Genesis gasser when I got the bull and later got a bullseye. My wife complains she doesn't like how the hotdogs taste off the pellet grills - like wood she says. She says she always liked them on my old Weber. Suggestions on what to do. Do I buy another gasser? Is there some option to remove/minimize the wood flavor? Do I get a Blackstone?

Traditionally I use a competition blend of pellets and cook them on cast iron grates on the Bullseye at 500 or RIOT.
New wife. No but seriously just cook them on full. Or new wife. I can’t decide.

See if you can get a price adjustment. I just clicked your link and they’re now only $200!

Looks like a 3rd party with $189 delivery 😮.. I'd jump on that if they had that price by Walmart in store or free delivery.

Should not be any wood taste or smoke flavor at those temps?? Small charcoal hibachi? Easier would be a George Foreman.

Looks like a 3rd party with $189 delivery 😮.. I'd jump on that if they had that price by Walmart in store or free delivery.
Good observation, I didn’t even look at shipping! Would Walmart match the $200 price tag in store? I’m guessing not since it’s 3rd party.

Put you Sear Kit in (if you have one) and crack the Bull up to the max
Let that bad boy get good and hot
Then cook the Dogs with the Lid open
We cross-cut our "Dawgs"
Crosscut Dawgs.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back