Hotdogs - Wife Feedback

I agree with your wife. The one thing RT grills cannot do is put the proper sear on brats or dogs.

I never owned a kettle/SNS, but my 36” Blackstone is a Rock Star
I been looking at em, but mostly wondering how to make them last. Mine is outside fully exposed to the elements and woodland creatures. If I put a cover on anything, I get mice nesting. Sigh.

How about one of these? ;)

813h9TGSPHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I’m not sure I understand the question here. If you wife likes hotdogs on a Weber gasser, you get another Weber gasser, end of discussion. Nobody else’s opinion matters.

I’m not sure I understand the question here. If you wife likes hotdogs on a Weber gasser, you get another Weber gasser, end of discussion. Nobody else’s opinion matters.
My wife read this one and agreed. Sigh. Was hoping for quick fix solution. In my head I have Blackstone though.

I'll preface this next statement with I'm not a hippy and it's not a flex. I don't own any gasoline cars, only EVs. Every time I go to get 5 gallon gasoline for my mower, propane for my grill, etc in an EV I feel like everyone is laughing at me. I reaaaaaally don't want to go back to propane just so I don't look like a fool.

I been looking at em, but mostly wondering how to make them last. Mine is outside fully exposed to the elements and woodland creatures. If I put a cover on anything, I get mice nesting. Sigh.
Just saw this new one in a Lowe’s by me the other day. I hear their fabric covers suck but a good aftermarket one should be fine.
Mine is outside for the past year and no issues.
I have the separate hard cover with mine. Would have loved the attached hard cover.

Attachments

• 1623182754035.jpeg
    1623182754035.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
depending on your needs and space. walmart has a really cool mini blackstone that runs on the 1lb camping style bottles for $84. atleast with that your fuel will be hiden in a bag when approaching your ev. also i think charcoal would be funnier than clean burning propane getting into an ev.

Attachments

• 2619678E-E94C-4129-B703-8BD346978806.png
    2619678E-E94C-4129-B703-8BD346978806.png
    392.1 KB · Views: 67
For a flat top, I have a 3-burner Camp Chef FTG475. I think Camp Chef is better build quality overall than Blackstone

I love it for breakfasts, smash burgers, and big batches of fajitas.

Hotdogs on the flat top...good or no? That's the real question.
Are we talking those nasty skinless combo of pork and chicken or a real deal all-beef natural casing? If the later, then yes, a flattop works great. That's the way places like Nathan's cook them

totally agree with brettm on the nathens all beef! totally worth the extra couple bucks. i used to think of hotdogs as a crappy fast dinner when you forgot to lay something out that was fit to eat. now i always do hamburgers with beef chilli like im having tonight and nathen dogs with leftover chilli tomorrow

I had my 2 burner Weber for over 16 years, got the Blackstone and have not used that old Weber in a year..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back