Going Naked

cookingjnj

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Ok, not exactly what some of you were thinking!!! After 6+ years with my 680, I am going naked on a pork butt tonight. I know many of you already do this, but I have never cooked on the 680 without tin foil on the drip pan. Well in about 30 minutes I am about to start. Mostly because I am lazy, and with the wind and rain tonight did not want to mess with getting foil on the drip pan. Took the old foil off, vacuumed out the barrel and fire pot, and away it will go. I have a 9# butt injected and seasoned and will go on the pit overnight at 225* while I sleep. Long story, but the butt will be pulled for sliders on Christmas. Lot's going on in our family right now, so doing very simple dishes at my moms house. Gonna make a home made slaw with pineapple and fresno chilis to go on the sliders. Christmas is not what you serve but who you serve it with, so having the whole family together will be great no matter how the butt turns out. Happy Holidays all!!

Need to get yourself a Teflon drip liner. Since I got one for my 590 I’ve stopped foiling and never looked back.

Need to get yourself a Teflon drip liner. Since I got one for my 590 I’ve stopped foiling and never looked back.
I realize this is an old post, but where do you get a teflon drip liner for the 590?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back