Stampede GMG pizza oven is awesome

I found the GMG pizza oven for $80 on eBay and used it for the first time last weekend. It fits perfect, gets super hot and cooks pizzas in a matter of minutes. Highly recommended if you’re into that!

part number: GMG-4023

View attachment 10896View attachment 10897
Didn’t want to buy a separate Ooni pizza oven . This looks great! I love to make my own pizza but it’s just not the same without the high temps. I have done several Papa Murphy’s on my 590 and love them. I can’t wait to try this.

Made a few more pies in the GMG.....love this thing! Going to use it as a base to bake my bread today (without the lid, so really just utilizing the stone.)

1651941016182.jpeg

1651941022720.jpeg

1651941029165.jpeg

Thanks for the tip on the open box @sdynak! I’ve been watching for it for the last couple weeks and just found a few available today. If anybody else is interested there are 3 left as of now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265185588845

Good catch.. they have been out for a while. Can’t beat that price. Mine was new just not the best box. Sure that happens in shipping anyway. Enjoy!

They had demo units for $75 on e-Bay (same company).. I grabbed the last one the other day but maybe they will list more as they become available. Hoping it arrives in good shape. I'm ok with a demo if it is good for that price. I'm just gonna use it anyway.

E-Bay Listing

On Website
Thank you again, @sdynak ! I finally got one 😁!

I have had mine for a month or so now and got mine open box from GMG. Mine had some very very minor scuffs on the dome and one of the tabs was bent. I bent the tab straight and used it for the first time this week and a couple more times. I also used it for toasted sub sandwiches too which were great. Definitely a learning curve with it but way better than the oven.

Does the light in the 680 / 700 need to be removed to use the above pizza oven?
There's a post on Amazon that suggest the light needs to be removed.
Thanks

Does the light in the 680 / 700 need to be removed to use the above pizza oven?
There's a post on Amazon that suggest the light needs to be removed.
Thanks
I can't confirm or deny that as I have a 1250 so I don't have the light. Hopefully someone else can answer your question.

I don't think the $84 Davy Crockett will fit the 590. I don't know about any other RT model. The one that fits the 590 is the GMG 4023 Daniel Boone - Jim Bowie model. That one goes for $159 on the same EBay site.
I bought a GMG 4023 for a little over $100 a few months ago from Wayfair.

My guess is that it's not a clearance issue so much as a potential melting issue due to the higher heats of the pizza attachment. I don't have the light in my RT-590 though so I can't say for sure... just a guess.

I have the 3RPM unit and have had it going pretty good with no issues. I don't need to run full anyway to get the desired temps so I don't really see it as an issue. There is a pretty good air gap between the two.

IMG_1669.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back