GMG pizza oven is awesome

KRedman

Though shall not partake of decaf
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I found the GMG pizza oven for $80 on eBay and used it for the first time last weekend. It fits perfect, gets super hot and cooks pizzas in a matter of minutes. Highly recommended if you’re into that!

part number: GMG-4023

55D9F4D8-68E0-4738-8D16-D61B1045F5D2.jpeg
39EA730B-C780-4F6A-8A8E-2B3351F40A4E.jpeg

Last edited:
How does it mount? *edit - I see now how it is supported. Which model works on the -700? I love the idea.

How does it mount? *edit - I see now how it is supported. Which model works on the -700? I love the idea.

This is from the supplier’s listing. Evidently I got his last one.

ModelsDesigned for the Daniel Boone & Jim Bowie – Both Choice and Prime Models.
Oven SpecsThe pizza oven attachment raises the internal temperature of your pellet grill to that of a real wood burning pizza oven by funneling the heat from the fire box directly up and into the stone baking chamber. This creates temperatures upwards of 800F, allowing you to cook restaurant quality pizza in 2-4 minutes. The steel housing chamber creates a unique air flow system which enhances the convective, conductive, and radiant heat in and around the cooking chamber. Dimensions: 18" Wide x 3" Tall x 13" Deep - 36lb weight. Made from the highest quality Stainless Steel. Easy Installation - Simply remove the grates, grease drip tray and heat shields if applicable. Place the pyramid shaped piece over the firebox and then place the pizza stone feet down on the tray of the pyramid. Place the dome with the opening towards the front of the grill.
Part NumbersGMG-4023 OPEN BOX

that sounds awesome. im going to research it some more my self. seems really cool. and you can tell she was hot. the way the cheese burned on the tips of the bubbles. thats delicious

that sounds awesome. im going to research it some more my self. seems really cool. and you can tell she was hot. the way the cheese burned on the tips of the bubbles. thats delicious
Absolutely. Took about 4-5 minutes for that one. And it was maybe a 10”

$80?! Damn, you scored. I've been looking for a good deal on one of these since back when I actually had a Green Mountain grill's Daniel Boone that it's made for. It was one of the cons towards making the move to an RT 590 when I thought that I couldn't use one of these for it. Shortly thereafter I read a post where somebody said that it still works and I was pretty excited. Just haven't found a good deal on one yet.

Found this Amazon review

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Mountain-Grill-Fired-Pizza/dp/B01MR2NFGT#customerReviews

Victor

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Mountain Grill GMG-4023 Wood Fired Pizza Oven Fits recteq RT-700 Bull!
Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2020
Verified Purchase
Our family LOVES pizza! We also love to make our own, but the authentic "Neapolitan" style pizza has always eluded us, due to the fact that we don't have access to a domed, wood-fired oven with temperatures over 800 degrees. After doing some research on the internet, we came across the GMG Wood Fired Pizza Oven and thought that it would be a possible solution for us. The problem is, we own a recteq RT-700 Bull, not a GMG, so we scoured the internet to see if we could find a definitive answer to our question...

"Would the GMG-4023 Wood Fired Pizza Oven fit our recteq RT-700 Bull?"

Unfortunately, the answer to our question was nowhere to be found.

We decided to take a chance and order one, regardless, and we're glad that we did! We are happy to report that with a very minor tweak, it fit PERFECTLY!!! (see pics)

There are two metals tabs protruding from the front of the base unit and two on the back. They are straight. Take an adjustable wrench and tighten it onto each tab and slowly bend each tab down, approximately 1/2". THAT'S IT! Once you position the base of the unit back onto the fire pot, if you have any wobble, simply fine-tune your previous adjustments until the wobble completely goes away.

This unit is constructed with sturdy materials and it has a very efficient design, so you won't have to worry about having buyer's remorse with this purchase. It is manufactured to last you a LONG time!

The cylindrical sleeve section that drops into the fire pot is designed to have an up-and-down adjustment, as well as a width ring, which helps the base to seal tightly against the fire pot and direct all of the flame from the fire pot towards the metal area of the base underneath the pizza stone.

One final comment about the GMG-4023 that we could not find the answer to on the internet:

There are two models with the exact same part number. We contacted Green Mountain Grills and they clarified this issue for us. The old design is the one with the smooth, lower, arched front. It's the more modern design of the two, but it has been discontinued. The new model is the one with the front that looks more like a pyramid. In fact, as I write this, the picture on this very Amazon listing is a picture of the old model, not the newer model.

We certainly hope this helps the next person with the same questions we had!

Hey @KRedman , this may be a silly question, but were you able to close the lid on your RT590 when the pizza oven was in there, or did you have to keep it open the whole time?

$80?! Damn, you scored. I've been looking for a good deal on one of these since back when I actually had a Green Mountain grill's Daniel Boone that it's made for. It was one of the cons towards making the move to an RT 590 when I thought that I couldn't use one of these for it. Shortly thereafter I read a post where somebody said that it still works and I was pretty excited. Just haven't found a good deal on one yet.
Here you go!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Moun...-/254355026043?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Hey @KRedman , this may be a silly question, but were you able to close the lid on your RT590 when the pizza oven was in there, or did you have to keep it open the whole time?

I could absolutely close the lid. It was a perfect fit.

looks like if you get 4 people to buy they will sell for $66 just have to figure out shipping. seller may help?
This might be worth setting up a group buy around here. That price is a steal!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back