Bull Drumstick Ideas?

BEARFN

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hello all, looking for some recipes on cooking Drumsticks on my RT-700.
I'm fairly new to this world and have not done this before so looking for any help you can provide.

Thanks in advance !

@BEARFN I've cooked chicken drumsticks on my Rec Tec Bull several times and each time they have not sucked. :D

I tend to cook mine at 325-350 for around 40 minutes. Most importantly make sure you are using a meat probe to check that the poultry has reached 165 degrees internally.

Recipes I've used and seen are 275 for an hour with glaze and rub, then spritz with butter or sauce again and crank to 350 for 30 min to crisp the skin... My kids love my wings for what it's worth

I have brushed with olive oil and my favorite rub. On the pit at a low temp 200* (extreme smoke) for 45minutes to an hour, then crank up temp to 375 for anywhere from 35-45 minutes to crisp the skin. Does not get crackle crunchy skin, but the skin does get crisp and a great bite through. If you like smoke, the time spent at 200 getting that smoke....hmm hmmm good.

Recipes I've used and seen are 275 for an hour with glaze and rub, then spritz with butter or sauce again and crank to 350 for 30 min to crisp the skin... My kids love my wings for what it's worth
Our daughter is looking for chicken drummies - what glaze are you using? Olive oil? BBQ sauce? Something else? I’m liking the 275 then up to 350. Did you let yours rest 10 minutes or so after?

I have brushed with olive oil and my favorite rub. On the pit at a low temp 200* (extreme smoke) for 45minutes to an hour, then crank up temp to 375 for anywhere from 35-45 minutes to crisp the skin. Does not get crackle crunchy skin, but the skin does get crisp and a great bite through. If you like smoke, the time spent at 200 getting that smoke....hmm hmmm good.

This is close to what I started to try. I do exact same exact I remove the wings and crank to FULL and wait for my Grill Grates to heat up and then throw them on there for 10-12 minutes(or til skin looks good)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back