Stampede Cooking Steak

For medium rare I go for 130 with the 700 cranked to the max which (according to Grill Grate) places the heat temp at 550 to 700 due to the aluminum grate construction.

What temp should for cooking a steak?
For the grill, get it on full if you are looking for lines. If you are looking for lines, grill grates on top of your grates do the best job. For the steak temp, go with your preference and keep in mind the rest will increase the internal temp so pull a few degrees early.
EB9335BA-BCE9-46EE-83F7-3E2F114B8666.jpeg

I recommend reverse searing your steaks, thats what i'm doing tonight for dinner. This will be the first time on a smoker, but the process should be the same.

Night before, season with salt and pepper, place on a cooling rack and put in the fridge.

Set smoker to 200 and cook until steaks reach 115 for med rare, adjust accordingly for your level of doneness. This generally takes about 1.5 hours, depending on thickness.

Remove the steaks and sear them for 1-2min on each side. I have a blackstone grill i use for searing but some people have a sear station on their grill, or just use a frying pan on your cook top.

I recommend reverse searing your steaks, thats what i'm doing tonight for dinner. This will be the first time on a smoker, but the process should be the same.

Night before, season with salt and pepper, place on a cooling rack and put in the fridge.

Set smoker to 200 and cook until steaks reach 115 for med rare, adjust accordingly for your level of doneness. This generally takes about 1.5 hours, depending on thickness.

Remove the steaks and sear them for 1-2min on each side. I have a blackstone grill i use for searing but some people have a sear station on their grill, or just use a frying pan on your cook top.
Thats exactly what I’m gonna do tomorrow.

Thats exactly what I’m gonna do tomorrow.
For me, 200 was a bit too smokey. I’m going to bump to 225 next time. But if you really like the Smokey flavor, these turned out perfect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back