Combustion Inc failure!

And, when that (or those) probe(s) are pretty pricey. I don't mind paying for things that work well, but object to paying for something that doesn't.
Sent them an email, already got a return label back for a full refund no additional questions asked. Their technology may not yet be where it needs to be, but their support is outstanding.

Sent them an email, already got a return label back for a full refund no additional questions asked. Their technology may not yet be where it needs to be, but their support is outstanding.
I would agree on both points. Their customer service is stellar, even when it is not to their advantage. Class operation! And, down the road, if they get their firmware stabilized, I might consider trying their product again. Right now, however, I am quite satisfied with the new Meater 2+.

I would agree on both points. Their customer service is stellar, even when it is not to their advantage. Class operation! And, down the road, if they get their firmware stabilized, I might consider trying their product again. Right now, however, I am quite satisfied with the new Meater 2+.
Well @Greg Jones and @Jim6820, it looks like I will be joining the CI return club. My connectivity had never been stellar. Now the new update has bricked one of the probes. I think it is time to call it done and move on. I have requested my return label.

Well @Greg Jones and @Jim6820, it looks like I will be joining the CI return club. My connectivity had never been stellar. Now the new update has bricked one of the probes. I think it is time to call it done and move on. I have requested my return label.
Sorry to hear that @Beach Bum. I think CI will take care of you, but I wonder how long the company can survive this constant bleeding. CI has a good concept, but it seems to be lagging in implementation. That has been the kiss of death for a lot of technology-related companies.

Honestly, I hope CI can right the ship and get it back into smooth water. As I said, I think the concept is good and I liked their predictive algorithm—when the probes worked. Hopefully, this is just a growing pain and the company can get through it.

As do I. Just the same, I ordered a second MEATER 2 yesterday.
I am about to do the same. My spouse has invited the family over for Easter dinner and has promised rotisserie leg of lamb. I’ll need to cook two roasts to feed the herd, so a second probe will be required. :rolleyes:

I am about to do the same. My spouse has invited the family over for Easter dinner and has promised rotisserie leg of lamb. I’ll need to cook two roasts to feed the herd, so a second probe will be required. :rolleyes:
Glad to hear you are both enjoying the Meater2. I have a feeling we will give that one a try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back