Bull Cleaning Drip Tray

I use simple green bbq cleaner... this stuffs amazing!!!!!!! The only thing I dont put this on is the probe and the powder coated lid. I get throw away shop towels and it does the trick inside the bull just fine! Nice and shiny! Even in grease valley!
Thanks @WinoGrillinPrincess I used foil on my first cook last weekend. It was super easy to take out and throw away. I am going to get some of that there Simple Green BBQ cleaner. I am going to wipe out the grease valley after each use and spot clean any grease that gets in the grill body. I was surprised the amount of pot ash I vacuumed out after just one cook. I am going to vacuum it out after each use too. Going to do my best to prevent a grease fire and back burns. Also I ordered some wide mouth mason jars for the grease bucket. My mason jar is a small mouth type. The wide mouth jar will work better.

Last edited:
Thanks @WinoGrillinPrincess I used foil on my first cook last weekend. It was super easy to take out and throw away. I am going to get some of that there Simple Green BBQ cleaner. I am going to wipe out the grease valley after each use and spot clean any grease that gets in the grill body. I was surprised the amount of pot ash I vacuumed out after just one cook. I am going to vacuum it out after each use too. Going to do my best to prevent a grease fire and back burns. Also I ordered some wide mouth mason jars for the grease bucket. My mason jar is a small mouth type. The wide mouth jar will work better.
I use pit boss foil bucket liners for mine. They are a bit big at the top ( just a tinch) but i like it thay way so i can pinch it around the edge of the bucket. I was unsure at first about the price point of these, but I really don't go through them that fast. They come in a six pack and I'm still on my first one this year! I use my bull constantly in the summer, so I figure 6 pack is justified if it last me six years! Lol 🤣!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
No prob! Happy to help when it comes to cleaning lol!!!

I use pit boss foil bucket liners for mine. They are a bit big at the top ( just a tinch) but i like it thay way so i can pinch it around the edge of the bucket. I was unsure at first about the price point of these, but I really don't go through them that fast. They come in a six pack and I'm still on my first one this year! I use my bull constantly in the summer, so I figure 6 pack is justified if it last me six years! Lol 🤣!
I use both Pitt Boss bucket liner and mason jar. Don't do long cooks so I just screw the mason jar lid on and remove it for next cooking. I am not sure what to do with the jar when it gets full. Don't want the old grease for anything. I guess it is ok to throw in the trash.

I use both Pitt Boss bucket liner and mason jar. Don't do long cooks so I just screw the mason jar lid on and remove it for next cooking. I am not sure what to do with the jar when it gets full. Don't want the old grease for anything. I guess it is ok to throw in the trash.
I guess i never thought about the throw away... i just planned on crumpling up and putting in trash. Doesnt seem to leak too much now as it hardens a bit, but thats a good idea... i usually do that for my bacon grease in the kitchen And just save old pickle or jelly jars... ill just do the same here..:) thanks.👍👍

What’s the best way to clean the drip tray if you don’t use foil?
I use Reynolds heavy duty foil and it works great. I do a lot of reverse searing and high heat as well as low and slow cooks. It only takes a minute to change the foil and I avoid grease fires by redoing my foil every time it gets heavily soiled with grease... sometimes that’s one cook and sometimes it’s 5, just depends what I have been making.

I bought my liners from amazon 15 for $15. Good buy They’re a little taller and also allows you to pinch the tops over. Decent purchase and they’re pretty thick. FYI

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back