Spring Cleaning

Dr.Floyd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Asked my future SIL what he wanted for his birthday Saturday and he said a brisket. So, figured I'd clean the Bull up today. Haven't seen the light that bright in awhile
20240313_132323.jpg

Looks great!
Maybe I'll power-wash and finally replace the igniter next week. Igniter is the only part I would worry about getting wet and it's not even in there - so perfect time for some high power suds. Should be around 50* here next week.

Looks great!
Maybe I'll power-wash and finally replace the igniter next week. Igniter is the only part I would worry about getting wet and it's not even in there - so perfect time for some high power suds. Should be around 50* here next week.
I used the power washer on all the internals.

Just wipe the grates down with ammonia and place in a garbage bag with 2 cups of ammonia and seal over night. Pull out and rinse off in the morning, no scrubbing or power washer needed.

When y’all use a pressure washer on your respective RecTeqs, where do you do that at? I wouldn’t want to do that anywhere near the house, driveway, patio etc. I’ve got a smallish yard. And I’d be reluctant to have all that grease & runoff on my lawn. 🤷🏼‍♂️

And that internal light in my 700 is a lost cause I think. Kudos to @Dr Floyd for getting his so clean.

Do yall use any particular kind of degreaser or soap when you power wash it?

I’ve got to assume yall empty the hopper, auger chamber, et al before you power wash it? Do you do anything to protect the controller board? I’m also assuming yall blow dry the hopper, auger chamber, and firebox as well as doing a “seasoning” burn?

All those years with the old Traeger and the few years with my 700, I’ve wanted to power wash but didn’t for fear I’d screw something up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back