Stampede Beef Plate Ribs

SmokinTime

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey everyone first post but been lurking here since getting my Stampede 3 or so months ago. Best smoker I have ever owned and I have owned a few.

Cooked up some beef ribs yesterday, seasoned with SPG and some heffer dust. Hardest thing isn't cooking them, it's finding them! Bought them from 44 Farms out of Texas and they turned out great.
Cannot say enough good things about the smoker as well as you all, the community. You are the best and appreciate all the wonderful tips and information you all provide!!

Attachments

• 20210522_140307.jpg
    20210522_140307.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • 20210522_141941.jpg
    20210522_141941.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
Hey everyone first post but been lurking here since getting my Stampede 3 or so months ago. Best smoker I have ever owned and I have owned a few.

Cooked up some beef ribs yesterday, seasoned with SPG and some heffer dust. Hardest thing isn't cooking them, it's finding them! Bought them from 44 Farms out of Texas and they turned out great.
Cannot say enough good things about the smoker as well as you all, the community. You are the best and appreciate all the wonderful tips and information you all provide!!
Those look awesome, last time I did Dino bones was a couple of years ago and cooked them on my firepit. They were fantastic, took 6 hours low and slow over coals.
Really looking forward to these on my 700 this summer.
Like Briskit on a stick.

I am so lucky I found my local butcher carries these! Cooking these next weekend when son comes home.

How many people will 1 rack feed?
How did you cook?

I am so lucky I found my local butcher carries these! Cooking these next weekend when son comes home.

How many people will 1 rack feed?
How did you cook?
Wow that is awesome you have a local butcher that has them, wish mine around here would!

I go with 1 rib per person if cooking for guests, there is a ton of meat on there, but always buy 1 rack more than needed just in case (3 bone racks). If not eaten I will make hash out of it for breakfast the next morning.
I cook them @250 for anywhere from 6-8 hours until probe tender, set it and forget it. I do not cook to temp, just run my insta read into it until no resistance. I do leave the bottom membrane on to keep the structure semi intact while smoking.No wrapping, but I do spritz with beef broth if they start to dry out.
Please make sure you post pics, would love to see how yours turn out!!
Thank you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back