BBQ Purgatory

Waterboy

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
My wife and I were just on an Alaskan cruise (we were on the ship that was held up three days in San Francisco after hitting the pier). The last couple of days my wife started getting a scratchy throat. The morning we disembarked I had a bit of a cough. Our colds got worse with aches and stiffness. Lo and behold we both brought COVID home as a souvenir. Fairly minor cases for both of us.
Tuesday night we sat down to dinner and I realized I couldn’t taste anything! As I started paying more attention I realized I couldn’t smell anything either. So now I’m in BBQ purgatory! I can cook it, I can tell how tender it is but ZERO taste. Has anyone else here lost their sense of taste and if so how long did it take to return.

Had covid 3 times, lost the taste and smell twice. Took a week one time and 2 weeks the other to return. Feel better!

My wife and I were just on an Alaskan cruise (we were on the ship that was held up three days in San Francisco after hitting the pier). The last couple of days my wife started getting a scratchy throat. The morning we disembarked I had a bit of a cough. Our colds got worse with aches and stiffness. Lo and behold we both brought COVID home as a souvenir. Fairly minor cases for both of us.
Tuesday night we sat down to dinner and I realized I couldn’t taste anything! As I started paying more attention I realized I couldn’t smell anything either. So now I’m in BBQ purgatory! I can cook it, I can tell how tender it is but ZERO taste. Has anyone else here lost their sense of taste and if so how long did it take to return.
Wouldn't hurt to go see your PC doc.

Wouldn't hurt to go see your PC doc.

Why, there isn't a single thing they can or will do.......it's just a mild cold anyways. "At it's worst strain", healthcare professionals NEVER gave proper treatments or other remedies as they were not allowed, I can assure you that caused more issues than the virus ever did or what we are told the narrative is. Wife and I both work in healthcare and have for years........oh the things we have witnessed and had to endure during the entire covid debacle, as the truth is stranger than fiction. And for the record.......no we never got the jabs, and we faired better than everyone else that did.

Ooof- hope you make a speedy and full recovery.

Both wife and I have had it once each (her, last summer and me early this year). Neither of us lost taste or sense of smell but I was hit hard with 3+ weeks of being exhausted.

Oh boy...just booked an Alaska cruise for my entire family...11 of us in 5 cabins.
First AK visit for them...3rd for my wife and self.

Hope y'all recover very soon !!

Why, there isn't a single thing they can or will do.......it's just a mild cold anyways. "At it's worst strain", healthcare professionals NEVER gave proper treatments or other remedies as they were not allowed, I can assure you that caused more issues than the virus ever did or what we are told the narrative is. Wife and I both work in healthcare and have for years........oh the things we have witnessed and had to endure during the entire covid debacle, as the truth is stranger than fiction. And for the record.......no we never got the jabs, and we faired better than everyone else that did.
Ditto…

Keep on living and getting on with your lives folks, don't allow the fear/control campaigns to dictate or affect your life. :) There is zero financial incentive for us being healthy, think about that for a second.........we are talking billions of dollars being made "for some" when the collective are not healthy or well. Yes I am jaded about it all, I have just seen and witnessed too much.

The OP will be feeling better in no time, take plenty of vitamins D/C/zinc and keep hydrated.....which you should be doing everyday anyways. :) Simply cutting down on or completely of alcohol or sugar, does wonders for the human body, both are literally poison to us and the body works hard to flush it out.

Thanks all, and thanks @BigDan for the info on timeline. I’ve heard it can take a lot longer sometimes to get taste back but I’m encouraged by your real world experience. The biggest impact by far from this has been the loss of taste/smell and boy is it weird. The upside is I only eat when my stomach is growling and I don’t add a bunch of fattening stuff to my food for taste so I’m already back to my pre-cruise weight!
…..Sliver linings.

Oh man, been there and it is the worst. It lasted like a week or a little more for me. Hopefully it clears up for you fast. It's definitely one of those things that you can't explain unless you have had it. Bizarre.

The boy and I lost our sense of taste and smell pretty bad for about 2 weeks with absolutely no other ailments, however the wife said that her smell was barely affected but her taste of things were "off".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back