Grill Grates vs Blackstone V. WTF BBQ?

FreakDawg76

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So, here’s my latest quandary fellas.. Do I grab grill grates for my 700 when I already have a perfectly good blackstone right beside it? I have been using my gas grill to sear, but I let my buddy/landlord move it upstairs onto the deck above my apartment. I can just walk upstairs and use it still but hell, the blackstone is right here(and has actually never been used past seasoning ) I think im just addicted to buying shit for the recteq😂😂😂… tell me I don’t NEED the grill grates 😂😂😂😂

Yeah, I also have a large Lodge Cast Iron… I guess im not exactly clear on how that would work lol..

So, here’s my latest quandary fellas.. Do I grab grill grates for my 700 when I already have a perfectly good blackstone right beside it? I have been using my gas grill to sear, but I let my buddy/landlord move it upstairs onto the deck above my apartment. I can just walk upstairs and use it still but hell, the blackstone is right here(and has actually never been used past seasoning ) I think im just addicted to buying shit for the recteq😂😂😂… tell me I don’t NEED the grill grates 😂😂😂😂
No one here will tell you not to buy stuff. We like spending yo money 🤣🤣🤣

Sonofabitch.
hahahaha
1697749227359.gif

Btw, thank y’all all for entertaining my noobish pre-work questions on the daily … I promise im not a TOTAL dumbass
Yeah but you are a bulldog fan however. ;) "I'm a Buckeye fan". :) Nah just kidding, that's one helluva program and insane crazy fans like Buckeye Nation, hopefully we will have a rematch.

FWIW - I like collecting things. I have grillgrates for my 1070, BGE, Weber Gas, and Ninja air fyer. I've read I can use them on my Blackstone also for getting a higher temperature and for grill marks. Also have a few different cast iron skillets, griddles and grates. Also have a few cast iron dutch ovens.
I have admitted in the past that I have an adiction that I keep feeding.
I bounce around and use all. Last night I used the largest dutch oven to make gumbo. Tonight I'll use teh medium one to make chicken and dumplings. Wil use teh small one Sunday to make sourdough bread in either the kitchen oven or 1070.
I won't start on pots and pans and knifes and gadgets.
BACK TO YOUR QUESTION - Maybe play with the Blackstone and cast iron skillets first. If you get grillgrates check for sales on 2nd's on their website. I bought maybe 6 panels that way. PS - I have six panels that fit my Weber and 1070. Size Matters.

FWIW - I like collecting things. I have grillgrates for my 1070, BGE, Weber Gas, and Ninja air fyer. I've read I can use them on my Blackstone also for getting a higher temperature and for grill marks. Also have a few different cast iron skillets, griddles and grates. Also have a few cast iron dutch ovens.
I have admitted in the past that I have an adiction that I keep feeding.
I bounce around and use all. Last night I used the largest dutch oven to make gumbo. Tonight I'll use teh medium one to make chicken and dumplings. Wil use teh small one Sunday to make sourdough bread in either the kitchen oven or 1070.
I won't start on pots and pans and knifes and gadgets.
BACK TO YOUR QUESTION - Maybe play with the Blackstone and cast iron skillets first. If you get grillgrates check for sales on 2nd's on their website. I bought maybe 6 panels that way. PS - I have six panels that fit my Weber and 1070. Size Matters.
I messed up and joined their text messaging thing… they keep sending me discount codes! 😂😂😂

I would stick with what you got. But I will say, on my Bullseye, they can be useful. On the Bull or flagship or whatever it is now, maybe with the faster auger they might be more useful but for me and what I have, it takes my Bull too long to get up to like 500 to make them worth while.

On my Bullseye I have a cast iron grate by Aura. I tried making arrachera on that instead of my stock grate with the grill grates and it did not work as well. So since you have a blackstone, if you want a reserve sear a steak, I would just go with your current set-up.

NOTE: I didn't pay for either set of my grill grates. I had a few issues and customer service offered me them on separate occasions.

I would stick with what you got. But I will say, on my Bullseye, they can be useful. On the Bull or flagship or whatever it is now, maybe with the faster auger they might be more useful but for me and what I have, it takes my Bull too long to get up to like 500 to make them worth while.

On my Bullseye I have a cast iron grate by Aura. I tried making arrachera on that instead of my stock grate with the grill grates and it did not work as well. So since you have a blackstone, if you want a reserve sear a steak, I would just go with your current set-up.

NOTE: I didn't pay for either set of my grill grates. I had a few issues and customer service offered me them on separate occasions.
Gonna give it a whirl on the Blackstone this weekend .. I’ve had the damn thing a year and never used it lol

Gonna give it a whirl on the Blackstone this weekend .. I’ve had the damn thing a year and never used it lol

I use our Blackstone almost every Sunday morning to make 6 or 8 breakfast sandwiches to eat at work each morning. Bacon or Pork Roll. Scrambled eggs is a 6 hold silicon frame. Biscuits, bagels, or english muffins. Plus smash-burgers a few times a month.

I use our Blackstone almost every Sunday morning to make 6 or 8 breakfast sandwiches to eat at work each morning. Bacon or Pork Roll. Scrambled eggs is a 6 hold silicon frame. Biscuits, bagels, or english muffins. Plus smash-burgers a few times a month.
Stop please, that sounds great. No you are spending my money but making me 🤨

You do this because yours are better than the frozen Jimmy Dean's? I already think the pre-mades are dirt cheap, just wondering your motivation to make them from scratch. Not knockin' it - we have that little egg mcmuffin maker that actually does a great job - 1 at a time.

I use my Blackstone 36" or my Weber Genesis depending on the sear I want.

Mines just the 28… 100.00 Walmart clearance find.. literally don’t know how to use it yet 😂😂
A very good find. Season it well and look on You Tube for what the others are doing. The 28 will be gifted away before too long or used for camping and you will find a 36". But try all the different meals. Breakfast preparation is priceless. :)

A very good find. Season it well and look on You Tube for what the others are doing. The 28 will be gifted away before too long or used for camping and you will find a 36". But try all the different meals. Breakfast preparation is priceless. :)
It’s been seasoned, that’s all I’ve done lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back