Ove Glove aroma (bbq gloves)

SmokeOCD

What do you guys use besides the knit gloves with an extra liner in it? Or, how often do you replace them. They just get a funky smell that doesn't really come out in the wash.
I've got a nexgrill rubberized mitten - like 70's-80's style oven mitt. That's holding up better, but you give up grip vs the gloves.

I have a pair of Grilla Gloves from Grilla Grills.
https://www.grillagrills.com/product/4000002
They’re good.

Lately, I’ve been using these lightweight cotton gloves with a RecTeq nitrile glove outside of that. I feel I have better tactile feel/grip than the bigger gloves. (See picture). Both are generally considered disposable. I’ve reused the “inner” cotton glove several times if I don’t get anything on them…which is typical. I’ve not washed the cotton glove because they seem fragile. I’m worried they’d come apart in the wash.

IMG_1131.jpeg

Harbor freight hardy gloves with XL nitrile over the top. If I'm separating a shoulder clod or butts I'll add a cotton liner for more heat resistance.

Harbor freight hardy gloves with XL nitrile over the top. If I'm separating a shoulder clod or butts I'll add a cotton liner for more heat resistance.
I have a couple of the Harbor Freight (light blue) nitrile gloves too…both the .5 mil and .7 mil. I have a hard time getting the .7 mil gloves on with the cotton gloves. So I save those for cleaning the grill or when I use chemical products.

I will be using the HF .5 mil gloves when I use up this box of recteq gloves.

Ove Glove for steam. I don't see them anymore 🤷‍♂️

I only use gloves to pull pork and the like, cheap cotton under HF nitrile, and the plain nitrile for prepping, putting on and taking things off the grill, as needed.

What uses do you find for what you have?

Actually handling meat on the grill. Like flipping or rotating meat placement. Or when I do steaks i smoke on top rack then remove the top rack so I have flipping room for the steaks on the grill grates.
I get a better cook if I leave out the grease tray and bottom rack, btw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back