Ash Vacuum deal

Uncle Bob

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Some folks like to have a dedicated vac for pit ash/pellets and often the recommendation is for one of those low cost "bucket head" units that attaches to the "universal" 5 gallon pail (though they're not always the same dimension). Here's a deal on a complete vacuum unit, with wheels and foil lined hose for less than the regular Home Depot price for just the head attachment; https://www.alekoproducts.com/APW21...12-ap.htm?mc_cid=f20017e6b3&mc_eid=1c306b9341

When you go to that link it will show a price of $44, but at check out enter the coupon code, DROP and apply to get a sale price of $22, and shipping is free. I have no idea how long this deal will be available, so your call on how fast you react.

Some folks like to have a dedicated vac for pit ash/pellets and often the recommendation is for one of those low cost "bucket head" units that attaches to the "universal" 5 gallon pail (though they're not always the same dimension). Here's a deal on a complete vacuum unit, with wheels and foil lined hose for less than the regular Home Depot price for just the head attachment; https://www.alekoproducts.com/APW21...12-ap.htm?mc_cid=f20017e6b3&mc_eid=1c306b9341

When you go to that link it will show a price of $44, but at check out enter the coupon code, DROP and apply to get a sale price of $22, and shipping is free. I have no idea how long this deal will be available, so your call on how fast you react.
$22 bucks for a vac isn't a bad deal at all.

I've got a small Ridgid shop vac that came with two hoses. I use one hose for the grill only and another hose to clean the cars. Works great as I don't have to worry about getting grill dirt on my car carpets. :D

I also have the ridgid vac, it works great, and has a lifetime warranty!

Thanks I just ordered it and used the DROP code, with shipping and tax $23.00.
Best Greg

Has anyone looked for a replacement filter for this Aleko vacuum? Nothing shows up on the Aleko website. I can't locate a source on line so it appears once the filter is beyond use, you trash the machine and order a new one. May be the idea behind the low price.

Regards,
Jim

That's a nice vac. I was in the hunt for a vac for the exact same reason. I wonder over to Home depot and picked this little guy up. Fits perfectly on the bottom shelf of the 590

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stinger...ter-Bag-Hose-and-Accessories-HD2025/308699706
That's a good idea, do you have any issues with the filter not capturing the fine ash? In one of the questions on the product page, someone asked about vacuuming ash and they recommended against it. It's going to be outside, so probably not a huge deal, just curious.

Thanks for letting us know about it - just ordered one - great price!
Thanks @Uncle Bob for the heads up. $23 bucks after taxes and free shipping.

You're welcome guys. The filter is cleanable and should last a fair while, but there are replacements available elsewhere if one makes a modest effort to find them. If you guys find you need one and can't locate it send me a PM. I'm not going to post it publicly because some lazy, whiney jerk above goes negative for his first and only post.

Reviews are mixed. Any experience with units from Home Depot? Just easier to return if it fails. thanks
I have a small Ridgid shopvac from HomeDepot and it has been working great for me. Actually game with two hoses, one is a black one (I use to clean the grill) and an orange one (I use to clean the cars and other "cleaner" items).

You're welcome guys. The filter is cleanable and should last a fair while, but there are replacements available elsewhere if one makes a modest effort to find them. If you guys find you need one and can't locate it send me a PM. I'm not going to post it publicly because some lazy, whiney jerk above goes negative for his first and only post.
and I thought I was harsh! but yeah it is not too hard to do a little research before posting.

I know I'll catch the devil for this, does anyone besides me use a dust deputy on a 5gal. bucket that connects to a regular vacuum? I have a bucket head that draws the ash into the Dust Deputy then exhaust it out. The filter, after 2 years of ash cleaning is still usable and I have only cleaned the out ash bucket once! Not for everyone as it's bulky to be sure but solid as a rock simple. I store the whole rig in the garage until I need it.

Thanks for this brutha! For that cheap I grabbed 2 of them! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back