Do You Know Anyone that Won…

SmokeZilla

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I went to my local dealership to have my vehicle serviced and what do you think I saw? The service technician‘s computer screen was on a page that displayed the good old RT-700. Being the nosey “family member” I am, I asked if he was thinking about buying one and let him know how elated I was with mine. He started laughing and said he just won it in a contest and was trying to decide if he would keep it or sell it. After I shared my experiences, he said he was not going to sell it anymore. This got me wondering, have any of you won or know of anyone that won an RT device of any kind? If so, share you story. If they won some other device or item of significance, share that too.

I’m looking forward to your posts and living vicariously through our collective eyes.

Cheers.
’Zilla

My mother inlaw has been a radio contest caller for years. She has won 1 year of mayfield ice cream. A 25k backyard make over that turned out awesome! Countless concert tickets and get this a fox body mustang back when they was brand new! I have personally never won anything

I've been fortunate to be a lucky winner a number of times over the years.

Round trip CONUS plane tickets (back in the '90's when air travel was expensive!), $3k software application, iPad and iWatch at 5-drawing company raffle (gave the iWatch back to let someone have a chance at it), Sonos 3 speaker, $35 Blue Chip guitar pick, ~$300 of mountain bike accessories.

Most recently, invested $100 for 5 tickets in a charity raffle and won a ~$2800 e-bike. Gave that to a friend in his 70's who still enjoys riding but can't do the climbs as much anymore.

My mother inlaw has been a radio contest caller for years. She has won 1 year of mayfield ice cream. A 25k backyard make over that turned out awesome! Countless concert tickets and get this a fox body mustang back when they was brand new! I have personally never won anything
Wow, I can only hope her winning streak continues. Remind me not to play the lottery anytime she does. It sounds like I’d be throwing my $2.00 away. lol. Thanks for posting.

I've been fortunate to be a lucky winner a number of times over the years.

Round trip CONUS plane tickets (back in the '90's when air travel was expensive!), $3k software application, iPad and iWatch at 5-drawing company raffle (gave the iWatch back to let someone have a chance at it), Sonos 3 speaker, $35 Blue Chip guitar pick, ~$300 of mountain bike accessories.

Most recently, invested $100 for 5 tickets in a charity raffle and won a ~$2800 e-bike. Gave that to a friend in his 70's who still enjoys riding but can't do the climbs as much anymore.
Wow. And I thought knowing someone that won a smoker was impressive. May your streak of good fortune last forever. Thanks for posting.

I went to my local dealership to have my vehicle serviced and what do you think I saw? The service technician‘s computer screen was on a page that displayed the good old RT-700. Being the nosey “family member” I am, I asked if he was thinking about buying one and let him know how elated I was with mine. He started laughing and said he just won it in a contest and was trying to decide if he would keep it or sell it. After I shared my experiences, he said he was not going to sell it anymore. This got me wondering, have any of you won or know of anyone that won an RT device of any kind? If so, share you story. If they won some other device or item of significance, share that too.

I’m looking forward to your posts and living vicariously through our collective eyes.

Cheers.
’Zilla

Thanks for sharing this, `Zilla. Interesting that the service tech won a RT-700 but didn't seem familiar with them, which means they likely didn't win it by being a member of RT's Facebook page or something like that (pardon my ignorance; I'm not on Facebook). I wonder how one goes about entering a contest for a brand new RT smoker?!

Thanks for sharing this, `Zilla. Interesting that the service tech won a RT-700 but didn't seem familiar with them, which means they likely didn't win it by being a member of RT's Facebook page or something like that (pardon my ignorance; I'm not on Facebook). I wonder how one goes about entering a contest for a brand new RT smoker?!
Manny…

You are correct. He won it at the car dealership where he works as an incentive award for his service performance levels. I was a customer that just happened to see his screen while dropping off my truck. I picked it up today and spent some time giving him a “family” orientation briefing for his new toy. I showed him some of my recent cooks and he is on his way to pick up chicken and steaks for his first burn-in session.

I was born missing the “prize winning gene!” :cry:

Unfortunately, I can’t remember ever winning anything that I didn’t have to compete for in some sort of a game of skill. Congrats to those who pull a winning ticket. (y)
Me too!
I won my 700 with my Amex card. I placed the order, paid, and a pallet with grill, accessories and pellets suddenly appeared.
Absolutely love it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back