Stampede Wifi app going down

So I just did my first overnight cook on my RT-590 - pork butt that went for 16 hrs, and while the wifi stayed working through the night, (I got up at points to throughout the night to check the temps and could always see the temps) the temperature chart stopped working about an hour into the cook, then starting working, and then stopped working again and didn't work for the rest of the cook. I got an error message for the rest of the cook when trying to access the temperature chart.

As far as not connecting, are you all using 2.4 or 5 Ghz? If you have a wifi that broadcasts 2.4 and 5 Ghz, it might cause issues if your mobile device moves between the bands automatically.

So I just did my first overnight cook on my RT-590 - pork butt that went for 16 hrs, and while the wifi stayed working through the night, (I got up at points to throughout the night to check the temps and could always see the temps) the temperature chart stopped working about an hour into the cook, then starting working, and then stopped working again and didn't work for the rest of the cook. I got an error message for the rest of the cook when trying to access the temperature chart.

As far as not connecting, are you all using 2.4 or 5 Ghz? If you have a wifi that broadcasts 2.4 and 5 Ghz, it might cause issues if your mobile device moves between the bands automatically.
2.4 is your only option.

@Chris_G Yeah, I found that out the hard way with my Orbi mesh router...what a PITA to get it set up on my network. But once I did, it's has at least allowed me to operate the grill from the app. The temp chart has been the thing not working well for me.

@Chris_G Yeah, I found that out the hard way with my Orbi mesh router...what a PITA to get it set up on my network. But once I did, it's has at least allowed me to operate the grill from the app. The temp chart has been the thing not working well for me.
I've heard others mentioning the temp chart issue. I think there is a way to extend the sampling rate but I don't know where that setting is, perhaps someone else here will know the answer. Sorry I can help you.

I've heard others mentioning the temp chart issue. I think there is a way to extend the sampling rate but I don't know where that setting is, perhaps someone else here will know the answer. Sorry I can help you.

Is that the "Unit" at the upper right? I see options from 30s to 15min.. Not sure if that is just for the display or sample rate. I know you can expand & shrink the chart itself. I am not used to this yet but have another set of Ribeyes on at the moment and checking it out. So far no issues.

Edit - So mine is set at 30s and it does seem to be charting every 30s i.e. sample rate.

BED15959-A75F-4899-BD41-0DC243FE9853.png

Is that the "Unit" at the upper right? I see options from 30s to 15min.. Not sure if that is just for the display or sample rate. I know you can expand & shrink the chart itself. I am not used to this yet but have another set of Ribeyes on at the moment and checking it out. So far no issues.

Edit - So mine is set at 30s and it does seem to be charting every 30s i.e. sample rate.

View attachment 7883
Looks like it, thanks. Try increasing sample time and see if that helps. Also verify you have good wifi signal strength.

Hi All For some unknown reason after 2 hrs the my temp chart stop working. Ten minutes later is working again but the 2 hrs data is missing.This has been happening lately every time I use the 590. Rec Teq has contacted me but the problem still exists. Any one else have this same problem?
Dan

My charts work intermittently, set units for 10 minutes. Problem could be with the recteq server? Wish there was an option to use it just with your home network without the need to access the recteq servers.

You may be right as I had to split my xfinity router to get the 2.4 band...I find now that my phone when I get home is still on the 2.4 which it should be for the Recteq app to work...When I fired up the smoker the other night the app automatically kicked in telling me my grille was heating up...An hour or so after that the temp on the phone just froze & I could not get it to work no matter how many times I tried to reset the blinking red on the grille. Extremely frustrating when I spend all this $$ and I have to rely on a hand probe...

@Wasaplaya55 once the grill is connected to your WiFi it doesn’t matter what band or even what network your phone is attached to. If the red light started blinking that is a problem with your grill losing signal to your home WiFi network. Do you have a strong signal out by your grill? Some folks have had to change/add antennas or add extenders or mesh satellites to get good wifi signal strength.

You may be right as I had to split my xfinity router to get the 2.4 band...I find now that my phone when I get home is still on the 2.4 which it should be for the Recteq app to work...When I fired up the smoker the other night the app automatically kicked in telling me my grille was heating up...An hour or so after that the temp on the phone just froze & I could not get it to work no matter how many times I tried to reset the blinking red on the grille. Extremely frustrating when I spend all this $$ and I have to rely on a hand probe...
i've had mine a couple of months and it froze yesterday in the middle of a cook. Can't get it back online now. I know there's been issues with reception and outages due to the explosion in Nashville, don't know if it could be because of that. We have ATT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back