Bullseye Turkey breast

When I smoke a Whole Turkey, after it's done, I save, then Double Smoking the (Skinless) Turkey Breasts
Spray them with Avocado Oil, add Salt, Pepper and Garlic
Put them back on the Bull on "LO" for a couple hours, until they reach 140 - 145 Internal
Great to eat as is, sliced for Sandwiches or diced for Salads

T'day 2022+1 Double Smoked Turkey Breasts.JPG

Any government entity always has our best interests/safety/health in mind........eh?
Well, if you read the documentation and understand that the charts are designed to properly kill Salmonella, it makes pretty good sense. On the other hand, if you don’t believe in science and scientific studies, then it is unwarranted government interference.

Your choice. I’ll go with science on this one!

Well, if you read the documentation and understand that the charts are designed to properly kill Salmonella, it makes pretty good sense. On the other hand, if you don’t believe in science and scientific studies, then it is unwarranted government interference.

Your choice. I’ll go with science on this one!

I have a hard time trusting "science" these days, as much of it has been intertwined and corrupted with politics/greed/bias/money/influence/ignorance and outdated information and studies. I understand the SCIENCE behind temps of meat and why, and the very rare occurrences of bacteria laden food which is toxic or dangerous to humans, but a vast majority of it is simply fear mongering or negligence from humans themselves. The FDA and other alphabet gov agencies were once created with good intentions and had many good outcomes, those days are also mostly gone and or are hardly relevant as once was. People all over the world eat what we would consider rancid/dangerous meat from street markets and such, they are doubtfully dropping like flies "perhaps their digestive systems are tougher than others"? More than a few folks here apparently press their luck with meat temps, have yet to hear of any negative outcomes from such. Much more risky to eat out than preparing meals at home, I have had my fair share of bad outcomes eating out from what I would have to assume is improperly long term refrigerated food or "human contaminated", it is very difficult to legislate or demand common sense. ;)

I have a hard time trusting "science" these days, as much of it has been intertwined and corrupted with politics/greed/bias/money/influence/ignorance and outdated information and studies. I understand the SCIENCE behind temps of meat and why, and the very rare occurrences of bacteria laden food which is toxic or dangerous to humans, but a vast majority of it is simply fear mongering or negligence from humans themselves. The FDA and other alphabet gov agencies were once created with good intentions and had many good outcomes, those days are also mostly gone and or are hardly relevant as once was. People all over the world eat what we would consider rancid/dangerous meat from street markets and such, they are doubtfully dropping like flies "perhaps their digestive systems are tougher than others"? More than a few folks here apparently press their luck with meat temps, have yet to hear of any negative outcomes from such. Much more risky to eat out than preparing meals at home, I have had my fair share of bad outcomes eating out from what I would have to assume is improperly long term refrigerated food or "human contaminated", it is very difficult to legislate or demand common sense. ;)
It isn’t science that has changed, it is politicians and their manipulation of potential voters. Science is still science!

Looks like the best course of action here is to just agree to disagree and move along.

It's actually not that rare. According to Consumer Reports "Currently, a chicken processing facility is allowed to have salmonella in up to 9.8 percent of all whole birds it tests, 15.4 percent of all parts, and 25 percent of ground chicken."

If you cook 100 whole chickens and assuming that the processing plants hit the max, the odds that at least one of them has salmonella is 99.9967%, 50 chicken thighs is 99.9766%. I'd round those to 100% (excel does).

If we want to say that the processing plants are half the max then 100 whole chickens is 99.3423% and 50 parts is 98.367% or ~100% for both.

It isn’t science that has changed, it is politicians and their manipulation of potential voters. Science is still science!

Looks like the best course of action here is to just agree to disagree and move along.
I think we're missing out on an extremely lively conversation if everyone just goes to their corners and shuts up.
Science is great - except when it's heavily subsidized dependent on having the correct outcome. Sugar, GMOs, Social Distancing (just a few examples) - all pre-determined outcomes due to greed/government.

@Motodad1776 - I worked with a guy from India who said they have to go back home at least every five years to keep up their immune system, otherwise their ability to fend off illness falls to American levels. It's no different than your first trip to Mexico. Not so much fun - but subsequent trips, no problems.

I’m no stranger to “extremely lively conversation,” but there is a time and place for it. In today’s divisive political climate, however, I don’t think a pellet grill forum is the right place.

Last edited:
Thermoworks sent out an email article about this. I can’t find it but I’m sure you savvy types can. Based on that, I pull at 155, and let carry over take it to wherever it goes, 160ish.
FWIW, I never ate turkey or chicken breast because I always found it dry and tasteless but after brining and pulling at lower temps, I’m eating breast meat again. Juicy tasty every time

Happy BBQing

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back