Stampede Swapping pellets

Easy peasy
1694129338980.gif

First thing I did was take that stupid and worthless child guard out.
I’m sure the reason RecTeq installed that child guard in the first place was to thwart the onslaught of ambulance-chasing lawyers seeking to file a lawsuit because someone didn’t have the smarts to keep their fingers away from moving parts. That’s my take on it anyway.

I’m sure the reason RecTeq installed that child guard in the first place was to thwart the onslaught of ambulance-chasing lawyers seeking to file a lawsuit because someone didn’t have the smarts to keep their fingers away from moving parts. That’s my take on it anyway.
Don't forget suicide attempts! Death by auger is the new fad 😁

It’s really easy for me. I don’t swap them out. I’ve never been able to really tell the difference so it doesn’t matter to me. May be different from others, but that’s just my opinion.

It’s really easy for me. I don’t swap them out. I’ve never been able to really tell the difference so it doesn’t matter to me. May be different from others, but that’s just my opinion.
☝️☝️Agree ☝️☝️

I can tell the difference in the taste of the meat, especially when using cherry or apple.

But after listening to you input I have decided to go with Pit Boss competition blend in the hopper and use a smoke tube to add in the desired smoke that I am looking for. The tube will give me 5 hours of supplemental smoke and that should be long enough for even my low and slow cooks. I may switch the hopper over to just Hickory instead of the Competition blend. The I can add cherry and charcoal pellets or chips to the tube to get my desired smoke taste.

But once I have settled on the hopper pellets to use there won't be any swapping out of pellets.

Again, thanks for helping me thing this process through. It is going to be fun and delicious fine tuning the process.

After over 20 years using a pellet pooper I finally had to buy a bucket head.
Two words- Knotty Wood. (No Comments from the peanut section!)
The rest of those pellets will be saved for the tube.

After over 20 years using a pellet pooper I finally had to buy a bucket head.
Two words- Knotty Wood. (No Comments from the peanut section!)
The rest of those pellets will be saved for the tube.
They are that good?

They are that good?
No. They produce "clinkers" in the firepot causing problems with low temp use. The flavor of the smoke is good so I will use the in the smoke tube.
There is another thread about the KW pellets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back