Bull steamship round help

rayliud

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Greetings!
Has anyone ever done a large steamship round on the RT700? I am looking to do one over Memorial Day Weekend but can't find any tips/techniques for doing such a large cut of beef.Any info would be great! Thx.

Had to look that one up……please post results.

Wow, huge endeavor. I did one about 10 years ago on a big stick burner. The one I cooked was about 80 lbs or so. I treated it like a brisket, salt, pepper, garlic rub, NO injection as the meat is so large and it would add to cook time. I cooked it at 250º and time was by IT's, the main issue is you will have many levels of doneness, use a bunch of probes. It ran the whole gammet from rare to well done. It turned out awesome and was a big hit. Have fun with this one and keep the pellets flowing.

Done a what?? LOL..

Seriously, keep us posted as above 👆 comments suggests. Interested in results... sorry can't add to the tips at this time.

Wow, huge endeavor. I did one about 10 years ago on a big stick burner. The one I cooked was about 80 lbs or so. I treated it like a brisket, salt, pepper, garlic rub, NO injection as the meat is so large and it would add to cook time. I cooked it at 250º and time was by IT's, the main issue is you will have many levels of doneness, use a bunch of probes. It ran the whole gammet from rare to well done. It turned out awesome and was a big hit. Have fun with this one and keep the pellets flowing.
Thanks....will post some pics and results.

Had to look that one up……please post results.
Will do! Thanks!

i had to look it up also! wow that’s awesome. will it fit in the 700? i want to see pictures of this to please
Speaking with the butcher , he says the grass fed cattle tend to be a little smaller in size so hopefully it fits!...if not ill slice a little off to make it fit!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back