Reheating Leftovers - Harry Soo

I was curious on now to reheat a brisket. I was thinking oven @ 350 but now if I do the oven it will be at 225. I vacuum sealed my leftovers and may try the Sous Vide method @ 165. Hard to control temp on an electric stove so I will probably do it on the side burner on my grill.

He doesn't specify length of time other than the microwave. Thinking ~20 min's for oven/sous vide?

A lot of Folks use one of those Sous Vide Heaters as mentioned
My Wife puts the Vac Seal Bag in a Pot of simmering Water
She has seemed to have found the right Water Temp, using our Gas Stove

Found this Harry Soo video on reheating and thought some of you may benefit:

He addresses brisket, but I use his preferred method on pretty much all my leftover proteins.
Thanks for sharing. Answered a lot of my questions.

Well after many,many years "Read old fart" and using all of the reheat methods I use "STEAM"
Keeps things moist, taste just like it was first cut.... Most of the great delis, also use steam.. When I lived with a Korean family, grandmother cooked all of her Vegs and reheat with a steamer basket... Nothing better... also rice and other grain..

We use our glass stove top, fill a pot with sealed meat and water, heat it up quickly to about 145F, then turn it down to low. On the low setting it will maintain about 145F steady. Works fine, I'd think anywhere in the 145-165 range would be good for reheating (didn't watch video yet).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back