Reheating Ribeye Steak

AlphaPapa

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Due to timing issues, I had to reverse sear a ribeye today for tomorrow’s dinner. What is the best way to reheat the ribeye?

Sous vide or similar. If you can, vacuum seal each steak separately (if there’s more than one). That gets most of the air out of the bag. Otherwise, use a ZipLoc bag with the air pressed out. That’s not a great solution, but will work if you are careful.

Then immerse the bagged steak(s) in hot water for at least a half hour. If you have a Sous vide setup, just set it at about 130F and have at it. Otherwise, use some kind of pot/pan/tub filled with hot water. You will have to keep adding hot water (near boiling works best) to keep the water temp stable at about 130F.

Good luck. And, if you don’t already have a Sous vide setup, I’m guessing you will soon be in the market for one if you’ll be pre-cooking very much meat. ;)

Sit it on the counter for 45 minutes. Slice and enjoy. That’s my method.

Both good ideas and very easy to prepare quickly. I don’t want to sound preachy but alignment of priorities is in order, haha. 🤣. I prefer putting a mixture of Wagyu and clarified butter in a skillet. I bring the temperature up to medium-medium high and place the ribeye in the skillet with the now heated juices. I then allow it to “simmer“ flipping it every few minutes until the internal temperature is about 95-100F. I have found that temperature (if warmed all the way through) makes my taste buds happy but doesn’t heat the steak enough to overcook the meat beyond medium if it starts at medium rare. Another trick is to cut the steak into strips and “steam fry it”. It loses a little taste but my local Chinese restraurants can’t all be wrong when you order broccoli beef and they prepare it that way. If you really want to kick the flavor profile up, use your Heinz 57 or Yashida sauce and go wild. Unfortunately, that will kill the true beef flavor.

One additional thought is that you must consider the thickness of the steak and the amount of marbling (Cowboy cut vs. standard thickness). I use my method with prime cuts.

Thanks to all for the replies. I went the poor man’s sous vide route. Vacuum sealed the 2” thick ribeye with some wagyu tallow for good measure. Put it in a pot on the stove. I monitored the water temp and turned on the gas burner when the temp got below around 128. Then, I turned the burner off when the temp got around 135. I left it there for 30 minutes. When I opened up the bag and cut into the steak I was glad to see that it had not been over cooked. However, it needed to be heated a little more. I threw it in the microwave for about 45 secs on 80%. It came out ok but could have been warmer. I didn’t want to over-nuke it. Next time I’ll plan on leaving it in the water for 45 mins to an hour.

tempImagehwIdfz.jpg

Reversed seared me some ribeyes today on my RT340. SOOOOO GOOOOD!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back