RecTeq App

Buckeye1

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
  2. Bullseye
So I know a lot of people are frustrated with the RT app.

Well let me tell you this this rocks compared to my fat man machine (CPAP) app. It has not worked since July. I look daily to check leaks and AHI to see if there is a problem. Plus insurance won’t cover supplies unless your compliant ☹️.

Of course I stretch my supplies past useful life since I am cheap. Now I need stuff and can’t prove I’m compliant.

So I know a lot of people are frustrated with the RT app.

Well let me tell you this this rocks compared to my fat man machine (CPAP) app. It has not worked since July. I look daily to check leaks and AHI to see if there is a problem. Plus insurance won’t cover supplies unless your compliant ☹️.

Of course I stretch my supplies past useful life since I am cheap. Now I need stuff and can’t prove I’m compliant.
Hey @Buckeye1 . I had a similar issue with my smoker, er, CPAP. I use ResMed equipment & app. Last year my old CPAP model stopped transmitting data (turns out it was still using 3G!) and I didn't realize it for quite a while. I finally talked to my sleep doc and he wrote a prescription for a new model, and he spoke with my insurance to let them know what had happened and that I had continued to use my machine.

Fast forward to today and in fact, right now the app says that last night's (or actually, several days' worth of) data isn't available yet. But at the top of the screen it also says "rest assured, your therapy data is recorded." Clicking on that explains that they continue to experience delays syncing data from the CPAP into the app, but they're working on relaying a firmware update, blah blah blah. (Perhaps they hired RT's old app developer... ha)

Just figured I'd share my recent experience and hope this helps you somehow. Happy restful sleep, and keep on smokin'!

My CPAP was out for a week or more just in the last few weeks. Like the RT, the machine is fine, the app sucks. I’m hoping insurance refuses to pay for the unit, I hate it.

Hey @Buckeye1 . I had a similar issue with my smoker, er, CPAP. I use ResMed equipment & app. Last year my old CPAP model stopped transmitting data (turns out it was still using 3G!) and I didn't realize it for quite a while. I finally talked to my sleep doc and he wrote a prescription for a new model, and he spoke with my insurance to let them know what had happened and that I had continued to use my machine.

Fast forward to today and in fact, right now the app says that last night's (or actually, several days' worth of) data isn't available yet. But at the top of the screen it also says "rest assured, your therapy data is recorded." Clicking on that explains that they continue to experience delays syncing data from the CPAP into the app, but they're working on relaying a firmware update, blah blah blah. (Perhaps they hired RT's old app developer... ha)

Just figured I'd share my recent experience and hope this helps you somehow. Happy restful sleep, and keep on smokin'!
I got my latest CPAP machine in 2020. A ResMed AS10. First thing I got for it was a SD card. I take it with me every year for my annual sleep doc appointment as a backup. So far, the sleep doc hasn't needed the SD card because they got all my data from the Internet. My ResMed app seems to be working OK.

Last edited:
I don't have my Cpap on any network or sending out data, once it's set........you're good. Once I had my at home sleep study and had one visit to the Doc, I haven't been back since or had a single interaction with anyone involved going on 3 years. To each their own of course, but IMHO and experience....not necessary.

Phillips recalled 5.5 million CPAP‘s and mine was included
My Dr told me to keep using it until Phillips replaced it….it took over a year but I finally got a replacement
But their app works and I get all the data daily
I guess if your sleeping good and feel well rested in the morning there might not be much reason to go back to your Dr
But after 3 years of using a CPAP I’m still not stepping well…3-4 hours per night
My Dr continues to make setting adjustments to my machine but it hasn’t helped much
Now my Dr is talking about changing me to BiPAP

My 700 must not be worthy of a firmware update. No option. Will be sad as it ages 😲

My Dr told me to keep using it until Phillips replaced it….it took over a year but I finally got a replacement
I guess if your sleeping good and feel well rested in the morning there might not be much reason to go back to your Dr
But after 3 years of using a CPAP I’m still not stepping well…3-4 hours per night
My Dr continues to make setting adjustments to my machine but it hasn’t helped much

How much of a lifestyle change has been made since diagnosed?

I dunno what a BiPAP is - I have an auto-pap. Just responds to however you're sleeping at any given moment.
No app, no wi-fi, no nothing. I actually only use it during flu season so I can sleep thru whatever is plaguing me at the moment. It's a respironics resmed auto-pap. I know we don't really get to choose like when buying a car or a grill - just saying I like what I got.

They finally got app working

The initial intent was to poke fun at the RT app. But I do look at the results regularly

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back