Recteq App

PRC

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Turned the 1250 on about two hours and the app has nothing in the temperature history graph. Normally I only monitor the IT probe but went ahead and attached the two meat probes but still nothing is showing on the history graph.

Last edited:
Did you use two fingers to zoom the screen in? The graph shows a rolling 24 hours and at the start up of a cook the graph is typically tiny at the right hand end of the 24 hours, so small you can’t see it for quite a while. Try zooming in and scrolling all the way to the right.

Did you use two fingers to zoom the screen in? The graph shows a rolling 24 hours and at the start up of a cook the graph is typically tiny at the right hand end of the 24 hours, so small you can’t see it for quite a while. Try zooming in and scrolling all the way to the right.
Yes i did, never saw this problem before. Just wondering if anyone else is using the app tonight and have the same problem.

Yep, I was cooking pizza and had the same issue. No temp history, so figured something was up with the RT servers. No biggie, just eyeballed it the old fashioned way. :)

R

Last night was not a holiday or even a weekend. Do not think there were that many people using the app. BTW, exact same thing now at 6am and has not been working all night long. Thank goodness for Thermoworks Signals unit.

This is normal every major holiday. Too many people using the app.
I saw this on Easter. I was getting temps but no graph, then about two hrs. into the cook the graph showed up for IT but no probes, no alerts etc. The next morning I had a full history including probes. This would be indicative of back side server services being overloaded and not the actual app ( user front end). All my other cooks the whole system has been excellent. I will try again this weekend.

Last night was not a holiday or even a weekend. Do not think there were that many people using the app. BTW, exact same thing now at 6am and has not been working all night long. Thank goodness for Thermoworks Signals unit.
I thought you were past Easter, so maybe the servers are having problems. Thanks for the update and I understand the frustration. Always good to have a backup even if not the desired setup. We all want it to work as anticipated.

I had same issue on Sunday. No temps, alerts or history. I pulled out the Thermoworks Smoke X2 and used instead.

Yes i did, never saw this problem before. Just wondering if anyone else is using the app tonight and have the same problem.
Yep, I’ve got same problem here with the latest version on iOS. No scrolling, zooming, or anything else works.

No alerts and no graph on my last 2 cooks. Not happy. Deleted app and downloaded again but same results.

Just got this back from Recteq about this problem.

“This is being looked into. App team is aware-Chad”

A few days ago I tried to update the firmware, but it wouldn't load. It just sat at 0%. So I reinstalled and tried again. Still didn't work.

Yesterday I tried using it for the first time.
The probe and temp both showed current temp initially. I changed wifi routers on my phone and it updated. Then the probe reading on the app never changed again throughout the cook. It did change on the smoker though, so it didn't really affect my cook.

After shutdown, I tried to update firmware again and it worked this time. I was wondering if maybe the probe issue was firmware related.

For what it's worth, I'm using the app & probe with my RT-590 right now, and everything seems to be tracking fine. Maybe it's an issue limited to the 1250, or maybe it's been fixed already (ok, I tried to type that without laughing...).

Attachments

• 14357407-9AA9-4341-B5DE-8061F1D78F9E.png
    14357407-9AA9-4341-B5DE-8061F1D78F9E.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 28A33B20-1751-410E-A9BF-2F978839DA00.png
    28A33B20-1751-410E-A9BF-2F978839DA00.png
    938.4 KB · Views: 74
For what it's worth, I'm using the app & probe with my RT-590 right now, and everything seems to be tracking fine. Maybe it's an issue limited to the 1250, or maybe it's been fixed already (ok, I tried to type that without laughing...).
Are you using ios app?

Yep. Everything worked perfectly, including graphs & alerts. Hope that means it's working for everyone now.
Hope so, I will try it out tomorrow and see if it is working now.

Just got this back from Recteq about this problem.

“This is being looked into. App team is aware-Chad”
That's the standard answer for the app and notification issues RecTeq has had for well over a year now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back