Recteq App Failure

The app and RT temp controls are essentially garbage. If you want to know whats going in that pit, you need an independent system. There are several out there that work flawlessly. I use a Fireboard system personally. One cook will show you what I am talking about. I use the app to turn on/off the grill and adjust temps, nothing more.

The app and RT temp controls are essentially garbage. If you want to know whats going in that pit, you need an independent system. There are several out there that work flawlessly. I use a Fireboard system personally. One cook will show you what I am talking about. I use the app to turn on/off the grill and adjust temps, nothing more.
The RT-700 I have is a source of disappointment to me. After 6 cooks, I have had to replace the igniter... when I called, I got a SOB rep who wanted to argue and finally agreed that my conclusion was correct. I suppose he was obliged to take me through the diagnostic process and I was ok with going through with the process once more. Maybe the next time I call, (I hope I don't have to), I will get someone better. LOL.

The RT-700 I have is a source of disappointment to me. After 6 cooks, I have had to replace the igniter... when I called, I got a SOB rep who wanted to argue and finally agreed that my conclusion was correct. I suppose he was obliged to take me through the diagnostic process and I was ok with going through with the process once more. Maybe the next time I call, (I hope I don't have to), I will get someone better. LOL.
You just gotta tell ‘em right up front you went into test mode, everything else works, there’s no other possible conclusion. I’ve gotten a few replacement parts, you get better at dealing with them. The more confidence you have the smoother it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back