Public Service Announcement: Watch your assh.

I had not removed my drip tray and heat deflector in about 6 months of cooks. I filled two large 18" metal dustpans worth of ash out and I noticed it cleaned up my smoke. If you haven't in a while, jack up your Bull to the max temp, let it do a good burn off and then scoop or vacuum out the bottom. My ash was almost piled high enough to go down into the burner compartment where the pellets light. Can't be good for a clean smoke...
It’s also good to give the smoke stack a good through cleaning yearly. I put some grill cleaner through it then hose it out real good and air dry overnight

I had not removed my drip tray and heat deflector in about 6 months of cooks. I filled two large 18" metal dustpans worth of ash out and I noticed it cleaned up my smoke. If you haven't in a while, jack up your Bull to the max temp, let it do a good burn off and then scoop or vacuum out the bottom. My ash was almost piled high enough to go down into the burner compartment where the pellets light. Can't be good for a clean smoke...
Wow. What pellets do you burn? I have not cleaned out the ashes, except the fire pot, since purchasing it 18 mo. ago. I just have a thin layer on the bottom. I use it 4-5 times per week.

Where do you use foil? I'm new to teh reqtec pellet smoker and appreciate anything that can make cleanup easier.
I use foil on my drip pan (large metal plate directly under grill grates.). I do injections sometimes and the high sugar content of brines/fruit juice will cause some pretty charred drippings and it helps. Then I change it out after a long cook like butt or ribs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back