Probe grate clip

PRC

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Trying to find a grate clip that will hold the probe 3-4” off the grate. The ones that come with the remote thermometer’s only hold the probe 1/2” off the grate. Welcome any suggestions on how to do this or if anyone has found taller probe clips.

drink a can of beer, poke the probe through it and cook it to desired temp and drink another while you wait
Or drink 6 beers, poke the probe through your hand, and cook to the desired temp!

Sorry, couldn’t resist. I know of no pre-made solutions to what you are looking for.

drink a can of beer, poke the probe through it and cook it to desired temp and drink another while you wait
Only one, are we cooking a steak? No need for the added height… now if it’s low and slow get the ice chest ready and we’re in business…

Reviews are kind of sketchy. Seems to be a lot of 1 star reviews based on the rubber/silicone tearing up.

For the price, you could like make something similar for less than $15 without using the rubber compound.
After reading the same reviews I do not think any of the negative reviews were from use on a pellet grill. I think they were using it on a charcoal or gasser grills. Worth a try, I will let you know what my experience is after I use it for a bit. I only use the 1250 cooking at 350 degrees or less and 95% of the time at 225 degrees or less.

If you read ALL of the reviews, you get a much more positive view than just reading the negative ones. My take on negative reviews—on any item, not specifically this one—is that they don’t give a balanced view. There are always some folks who can’t follow directions or have unrealistic expectations and their experience suffers because of it. As a result, their reviews are negative, regardless of whose fault it might have been. YMMV

If you read ALL of the reviews, you get a much more positive view than just reading the negative ones. My take on negative reviews—on any item, not specifically this one—is that they don’t give a balanced view. There are always some folks who can’t follow directions or have unrealistic expectations and their experience suffers because of it. As a result, their reviews are negative, regardless of whose fault it might have been. YMMV
Completely agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back