RT-680 RTD probe value?

Gary Burkett

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-680
Is the RTD probe 100 ohm or 1000 ohm?
I would think 1000 ohm to alleviate lead length issues.

Perhaps 100,000 ohm. Imma thinking why would this be important to the user?

Last edited:
I’m thinking the OP is just trying to get a value to compare to aftermarket probes that might work with the Recteq.

Perhaps 100,000 ohm. Imma thinking why would this be important to the user?
Lead length affects accuracy of a probe. Since the probes used in my RT-680 are 2-wire, I'd think they use a 1000 Ohm probe to eliminate that issue.
Oh, and I've never heard of a 100,000 ohm RTD, so maybe you're thinking of a thermistor.

Lead length affects accuracy of a probe. Since the probes used in my RT-680 are 2-wire, I'd think they use a 1000 Ohm probe to eliminate that issue.
Oh, and I've never heard of a 100,000 ohm RTD, so maybe you're thinking of a thermistor.
What I was thinking was that your account was an AI bot, but thankfully that doesn’t appear to be the case. Carry on! Sorry to not add anything helpful to the conversation.

If you put a VOM on it, let us know what the resistance is. I'm assuming it's a platinum resistor. With it having appliance lugs, would be easy to adapt an aftermarket probe.

What I was thinking was that your account was an AI bot, but thankfully that doesn’t appear to be the case. Carry on! Sorry to not add anything helpful to the conversation.
Sorry, I'm a retired NASA nerd, and I was one of the temperature measurement goto guys at work.
I was just curious as to what probes RecTec(q) uses.

Sorry, I'm a retired NASA nerd, and I was one of the temperature measurement goto guys at work.
I was just curious as to what probes RecTec(q) uses.
Did you ever meet this guy?
meme_4_lines_700-5c13add0294ef__700.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back