RT-1250 Phoenix user?

RedT

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Happy with my Weber Performer, but reading about Recteq 1250 has piqued my interest in a pellet grill. Could not find one anywhere in Phoenix, AZ. One would think the weather in the Phoenix area would be quite conducive to year round BBQ activity, but apparently the Recteq is only sold by Ace Hardware, and none of the local stores had one. As they say in the South, I wouldn't buy a pig in a poke regardless of the favorable reviews.

Called recteq and the person was polite, but didn't give me any information, so am wondering if there is a 1250 user in the Phoenix area that would be willing to allow me to look at one.

IMHO I think there are better options than the 1250. It was basically brought to market to offer a grill option with a second shelf (with some additional upgrades) but uses the same small round barrel as the 700. The result is the headroom on the top shelf isn’t very good for pork butts or brisket. The newer models (think Fladship) use an oval barrel which gives you more headroom.

It's only 626 miles from home to Lehi, UT. Not hateful, but not a trip I would make to look at a pellet grill.

IMHO I think there are better options than the 1250. It was basically brought to market to offer a grill option with a second shelf (with some additional upgrades) but uses the same small round barrel as the 700. The result is the headroom on the top shelf isn’t very good for pork butts or brisket. The newer models (think Fladship) use an oval barrel which gives you more headroom.
Agreed I’m a 1250 owner and made some seriously great food but the 1100 definitely gives the 2nd shelf more versatility.

I currently use bricks and lay my rack on it for a second shelf, 2 inches makes a huge difference… TWSS!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back