Pellets

nextime

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Grabbed these locally, hoping I can taste some Jim in the final product.
IMG_0758.jpeg

I'm doubtful, but report back with the results.
I’ll be real interested in hearing what you think. The reviews I have seen mostly say they smell great in the bag and great while cooking, but the food doesn’t impart much, if any, bourbon flavor. Being from Kentucky, frankly just the smell while cooking would interest me!

A d as FYI, bacon soaked in bourbon is the new bacon! 😂

Buy the cheapest pellets you can find. I have found Wally M has the Pit Boss For the cheapest price.

Then buy your favorite bottle of bourbon and sniff and sip while cooking on the grill.

i doubt that the bourbon in the pellets do anything for the end result.
Good marketing for another use of the barrels that can only be used once to make bourbon.

There are now more barrels of bourbon in Kentucky than there are people and race horses and they are still making more to keep up with the demand by building more rick houses to hold more barrels.

🎱Ed

Smoked a small pork loin 2.5 lbs with light rub of salt and pepper. Nice Oak flavor but no bourbon finish that I could pick up on. Pellets burned well with good smoke. I like the the bacon in bourbon idea though so no loss.

Smoked a small pork loin 2.5 lbs with light rub of salt and pepper. Nice Oak flavor but no bourbon finish that I could pick up on. Pellets burned well with good smoke. I like the the bacon in bourbon idea though so no loss.
No pic!!!

The pellets pictured on the bag look similar to the treager pellets that gave me grief with my 340. Just a warning if you have temp problems.

There are now more barrels of bourbon in Kentucky than there are people and race horses and they are still making more to keep up with the demand by building more rick houses to hold more barrels.

🎱Ed

Tough trying to forecast demand 5-15 years in the future. Aged products like bourbon and scotch are so hot right now, but wonder how it will be when the 10 year's bottled today are ready.

Has anyone tried out Kingsford pellets? A couple of times RT folks have recommended them to me if I didn't have any of their pellets.

I tried a bag of Kingsford hickory. The Kingsford burned OK but no imparted flavor for me. Tried some lumberjack next and it was a huge difference (better).

I tried a bag of Kingsford Hickory that I ordered while it was cheap at Home Depot. It burned alright but I didn't notice much flavor, either.
Thanks @mooncusser2k. I may try out the Kingsford. I think that I will like the less flavor my damn self. My ribs were awesome. Love the Bullseye.

Hello Folks, I used only RECTEC brand pellets for about 8 months, then tried the Cookin pellets, did great, tried the Pit Boss pellets and am sold on the flavor and the savings. They burn great and smoke well. I wouldn't recommend the Pit Boss grills due to my brothers experience with wild temp swings, however, their pellets are cheaper and available. I burn them in my 700 and my bullseyes.

I just got my RT700 with 5 bags of RT pellets. 3 of the 5 bags were torn open so I dont know about ordering pellets online. Shippers are brutal on items.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back