Pellet brand

chuckmcgrup

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
What brand of pellets works best for everyone? I only see 200 lbs orders available on the website. Seems crazy to buy that much at a time

I like the pellets that came with my bull, I just finished them up and try out lumberjack perfect mix. I will add that I bought from a distributor and it was 200lb min order. It was still only $100 for 200lbs

What brand of pellets works best for everyone? I only see 200 lbs orders available on the website. Seems crazy to buy that much at a time
So far I've tried the Traeger (I know) 100% Hickory (1st bag I got/20 lbs.) and they were just okay. Then I bought a singe 40lb. bag of the Rec Tec/q Ultimate Blend from Amazon and they were pretty good. Had a decent flavor and produced some good smoke. Now I'm working on a bag of the Cooking Pellets Perfect Mix and I'm liking them a lot flavor/smoke wise, but they do burn pretty quick. Basically, it's time to buy more. :D

That said, I'm really wanting to try out the BBQr’s Delight, which are rated on top of the lists that I've seen so far, so I'm pretty sure that I'll get some of those next. I really want to try the lumber Jack as well, so I'll have to post back with my impressions of those as well.

A few years ago I read somewhere that B&B pellets were actually rebranded BBQ Delight. I don't know if that was actually true then, or now. The B&B bags do say "manufactured for/distributed by B&B....", so they are white labeling someone else's product.

I have a free bag of rectec pellets on the way to see if they will fix my wild temp swings. I asked my son what he burns in his 700 and he buys walmart brand.

I picked up some Lumberjack Pecan Blend and the Char/Hickory to try out.

On the Bull, with the divided hopper, have any of you tried putting different flavors in each side and letting them "blend" in the auger?

That said, I'm really wanting to try out the BBQr’s Delight, which are rated on top of the lists that I've seen so far, so I'm pretty sure that I'll get some of those next. I really want to try the lumber Jack as well, so I'll have to post back with my impressions of those as well.
[/QUOTE]
BBQ delight were the only pellets I used and was very happy with them. But they were very expensive at the local outdoor store. Once I found lumberjack for under $9 a bag I have stuck with them

I picked up some Lumberjack Pecan Blend and the Char/Hickory to try out.

On the Bull, with the divided hopper, have any of you tried putting different flavors in each side and letting them "blend" in the auger?

the BFG doesn't have divider in the hopper but i do buy separate pellet types, pecan and cherry from lumberjack, i do 2 to 1 but i mix them in an ice chest before putting in the hopper.

Has anyone tried out Lumber Jack Competition Blend?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back