New Recteq Models

Rolled vs Cold Rolled ....

"Compared to cast iron or other common cooking materials, cold-rolled steel has a substantially better thermal conductivity and heat capacity per volume."

I'm thinking it's the same material as their griddle pans that they sell. I need to see the inside of the new griddle - what's unique about it except a full sized sheet of carbon steel? Do I just take out the shelves and drip tray and diffuser out of my 1070 and it's basically the same thing?
Looking online at the website, it does appear to be a very similiar design to the 1070.

My Traeger Flatrock griddle is carbon steel. it's heavy. I cant imagine it heat warping like the SmokeStone did. Im curious to see how thick the cooktop is on the RecTeq because for it to "pop" with a few squirts of water, head scratching.

My Traeger Flatrock griddle is carbon steel. it's heavy. I cant imagine it heat warping like the SmokeStone did. Im curious to see how thick the cooktop is on the RecTeq because for it to "pop" with a few squirts of water, head scratching.
A lot of these griddles have reinforcement on the bottom side to help prevent warping. My Blackstone did, can’t remember if my Pit Boss does or not.

A lot of these griddles have reinforcement on the bottom side to help prevent warping. My Blackstone did, can’t remember if my Pit Boss does or not.
how do you like the pit boss compared to the Blackstone?

how do you like the pit boss compared to the Blackstone?
I like the build quality and attention to detail on the Pit Boss. Absolutely no complaints with that at all-superior to the Blackstone I had. However, take that with a grain of salt as the manufacturers are constantly improving their products. My PB was 3-4 years newer than my Blackstone, and things evolve. I really wanted the PB to be my forever griddle. However, the ceramic top on the Pit Boss has not won me over. If I could buy a non-coated top for the PB, I believe I’d do so. I expect eventually I (will yet again) move to something different. The Halo and the Traeger are very interesting looking griddles.

Last edited:
Looks like RT has a few wins with the new cookers out now days. I am an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kinda guy. My 680 with the original controller has done well for me all these years. Cooked a perfect rack of ribs two days ago. Gonna stick with the 680. Besides, who wants to start to season a new cooker after all the years of seasoning this one has now....hahahaha. All this said, looks like a great line-up from RT. I am sure each will bring years of great cooking to whoever picks one up. Enjoy all!

This has to be the key here I would think. I won't think they would change the thickness much compared to the standard in the industry.

Most griddles are permanently in place and not removable and reinforced down. With the smokestone though, you need access to the firepot so that would not work.

I will say my griddle is not reinforced down. I have the camp chef Yukon 2-burner and I have the cast iron griddle as an accessory. I can't remember if mine has ever popped like that. It may have but I'm not sure.

I like the build quality and attention to detail on the Pit Boss. Absolutely no complaints with that at all-superior to the Blackstone I had. However, take that with a grain of salt as the manufacturers are constantly improving their products. My PB was 3-4 years newer than my Blackstone, and things evolve. I really wanted the PB to be my forever griddle. However, the ceramic top on the Pit Boss has not won me over. If I could buy a non-coated top for the PB, I believe I’d do so. I expect eventually I (will yet again) move to something different. The Halo and the Traeger are very interesting looking griddles.
Couldn’t stand it anymore, especially since I had a 10% off coupon. Went with the Halo 4B, it arrived last week and I finished assembling it today. haven’t seasoned it or cooked on it yet, but my initial impression on features and quality is very positive.
IMG_1972.jpeg
IMG_1973.jpeg

Couldn’t stand it anymore, especially since I had a 10% off coupon. Went with the Halo 4B, it arrived last week and I finished assembling it today. haven’t seasoned it or cooked on it yet, but my initial impression on features and quality is very positive.
View attachment 20478View attachment 20479
Thickening the herd eh? 🤣 Very nice indeed. Let us know how it cook. If you are taking breakfast orders, might I order a couple over easy, and a couple sunny up, some bacon, and hash browns.😆 Ah then a bike ride through the mountains.

Thickening the herd eh? 🤣 Very nice indeed. Let us know how it cook. If you are taking breakfast orders, might I order a couple over easy, and a couple sunny up, some bacon, and hash browns.😆 Ah then a bike ride through the mountains.
I’ll see what I can do!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back