New Recteq Models

Well cooking space wise it’s smaller cause of the half shelf. Is it taller or wider than the current 1250? Will they be getting rid of the 1250?
It appears they gave more room between the top shelf and top of the smoker. Only complaint on my 1250. Hard to tell without seeing it though.

Aside from some new names and sturdier legs (something that was definitely needed), it looks to me to be mostly a marketing effort. Yeah, there’s a new pellet griddle and a dual-chamber grill addition, but I really don’t see them as game changers. YMMV

Aside from some new names and sturdier legs (something that was definitely needed), it looks to me to be mostly a marketing effort. Yeah, there’s a new pellet griddle and a dual-chamber grill addition, but I really don’t see them as game changers. YMMV
I hate to say it, but I'm a bit disappointed and underwhelmed with these "new" smokers. It's basically the same ones.....for the most part, but I was hoping the 590 would have a second rack, easy access ash pot, direct flame grilling, things others have. Still gonna get another 590/Deck Boss as I'm keeping the original 590 in Wisconsin, and the new one will go to Arizona.

Now, if RT really wanted to do something to improve its product line, it would improve the server situation that keeps dropping out. Now that I finally got my grill to actually connect, it frequently drops out and I lose the connection.

Interestingly enough, my TW Signals is rock solid, regardless of whether it is a busy weekend or not. Connect once and it stays that way until the cook is completed, whether it is just an hour or 20 hours. If TW can do this, RT certainly should be able to. Apparently, it is a matter of priorities. :rolleyes:

I would say I agree that not much of a change is the dual fire is probably the only one I would have considered instead of the 1250 I have now, wouldn’t need the sear kit. But it is considerably more expensive than what I got my 1250 for 600 more is that work the direct fire, would be hard to pull that trigger.

Now, if RT really wanted to do something to improve its product line, it would improve the server situation that keeps dropping out. Now that I finally got my grill to actually connect, it frequently drops out and I lose the connection.

Interestingly enough, my TW Signals is rock solid, regardless of whether it is a busy weekend or not. Connect once and it stays that way until the cook is completed, whether it is just an hour or 20 hours. If TW can do this, RT certainly should be able to. Apparently, it is a matter of priorities. :rolleyes:
Drawing a blank Jim, what’s the TW you mentioned?

Saw this on the RecTeq FB page. Looks to be the new dual chamber grill.

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 9.13.53 PM.png

I'm hoping at some point RecTeq does something like Camp Chef did with their Woodwind where you can put wood chunks above the firepot for extra smoke.

From the video, appears perhaps a re-vamped Bull is coming out. I'm curious to see what they come out with next.
You can I do it all the time with my 1250 or fire box for chips either does well

It is a bullseye but a little smaller
Got it. Would have been an interesting option before I got my 1250 but at 20% off the price difference is huge, might get a griddle for searing and still be in under the cost. What did you think of the griddle?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back