charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Stampede finally got here. Everything looks great, no damage. My make shift competition cart bottom shelf fits pretty good. I have an idea for a more permanent shelf, will post in a couple days. It has been lots of fun mating the cart to the grill plus adding the front shelf folding brackets at the same time. What does everyone use to take the factory oily film off the exterior? I was thinking maybe a rag with a little WD-40. I will post pics tomorrow or Sunday when she is fully put together. Probably won’t have the front folding shelf fully stained yet, one side is done. I think adding the smoke vent Fireblack gasket is not going to be real fun. Might use the red high temp RTV. Not sure yet.

Attachments

• D-Day.jpg
    D-Day.jpg
    813.5 KB · Views: 118
  • D-Day-1.jpg
    D-Day-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
Stampede finally got here. Everything looks great, no damage. My make shift competition cart bottom shelf fits pretty good. I have an idea for a more permanent shelf, will post in a couple days. It has been lots of fun mating the cart to the grill plus adding the front shelf folding brackets at the same time. What does everyone use to take the factory oily film off the exterior? I was thinking maybe a rag with a little WD-40. I will post pics tomorrow or Sunday when she is fully put together. Probably won’t have the front folding shelf fully stained yet, one side is done. I think adding the smoke vent Fireblack gasket is not going to be real fun. Might use the red high temp RTV. Not sure yet.

I got mine today also. I used the Fireblack on my lid. I also plan on using it on the all weather vents, when they arrive on Monday.

Congrats. I have one inch and 1/2 inch Fireblack gasket. Not sure how I am going to to the vents. I am thinking of using the red RTV. Give her that red racing stripe look. LOL

I got my wife a Circut Maker a couple of years ago, she loves this the machine, that's where the stickers on my bull came from. (y)
WOW, nice. I sure hope my wife can cut out the vent gaskets. She is going to see if she can tomorrow. If she can I will get some hi temp gasket material from the auto parts store.

Congrats and enjoy. . .
I just used a vinegar water mix to get the oil off and then used my stainless steel cleaner. Didn't do anything with the vents. Just put in , bent tabs and started smoking.

I got my wife a Circut Maker a couple of years ago, she loves this the machine, that's where the stickers on my bull came from. (y)

Thanks. Wife has a Cricut machine. She might be able to make a gasket for the smoke vents. Will try tomorrow.

Tell me about this cricut machine. Wife just kinda started crafting. What type and how thick of material are we talking? Leather, etc ?

Congrats and enjoy. . .
I just used a vinegar water mix to get the oil off and then used my stainless steel cleaner. Didn't do anything with the vents. Just put in , bent tabs and started smoking.
Thanks @Wslayer.

Tell me about this cricut machine. Wife just kinda started crafting. What type and how thick of material are we talking? Leather, etc ?
@Wslayer my wife is a crafter too. She has two Cricut machines, older models. She has used the hell out of them till I got her an embroidery machine couple years ago for her BD. Now she is in to that big time. Yes the cricut machine can do leather and she has cut up to about approximately 1/8."

Got her put together. Just have to give the front shelf couple more coats of clear polyurethane. And might put another bolt into the front folding shelf bracket that attaches to the body. I left the pellet AS guard in place for now. The screws holding it in are extremely tight. Was afraid I might strip the heads. I am not sure yet on the smoke vent gaskets. Circut machine would not cut all the way thru the hi temp gasket. Wife had to finish them by hand. Also not sure of the white color. The Auger is set at 30 / 3.0. The make shift bottom shelf for the competition cart worked good. I think a better idea would be a SS mesh shaped like the bottom shelf that comes with the unit. Wife had me add some Fireblack to the lid stops so the stops wouldn't scratch the lid. Good idea. Going to perform the initial setup procedure tomorrow and then maybe smoke some chicken thighs.

As I thought would happen can’t get the Wifi to connect. I could not get my cell phone into 2.4 GHz mode. My Orbi mesh router is too powerful I guess. The guest mode in my router is also 5 GHz so that also did not work. I put my phone into hot spot mode and it appears the signal reaches out to my garage to the control panel so I don't think signal strength issue. I am not too IT savvy. What if I connected up my old router that I can separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz SSIDs and get the Stampede to connect. Then remove old router and go back to my mesh router, would the control panel still work since it was all set up with old router?

Attachments

• Cart Bottom Shelf.jpg
    Cart Bottom Shelf.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 98
  • Cart Bottom Shelf-1.jpg
    Cart Bottom Shelf-1.jpg
    760.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Cord Holder.jpg
    Cord Holder.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Front Shelf down.jpg
    Front Shelf down.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Lid Gasket.jpg
    Lid Gasket.jpg
    967.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Front Shelf Up.jpg
    Front Shelf Up.jpg
    890.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Lid Stops.jpg
    Lid Stops.jpg
    807.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Shelf Brackets Side.jpg
    Shelf Brackets Side.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
  • Shelf Brackets Underneith-1.jpg
    Shelf Brackets Underneith-1.jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Smoke Vents Hi Temp Gaskets.jpg
    Smoke Vents Hi Temp Gaskets.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 100

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back