First 9 pound pork shoulder on my RecTeq Stampede RT-590

Big Boy 73

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I did my first 9 lb pork shoulder (and first all night cook) on the Stampede RT-590 yesterday. I put it on at 10:00 PM at 225 deg using hickory pellets, and it took a total of 12 hours. When it reached 165 deg I wrapped it in foil and put it back on until it reached 200 deg about 4 more hours. Then I took it off the 590 and let it rest for 2 more hours.I pulled it, and we ate some for supper.Then the rest went to the vacuum packer and into the freezer. It was great.
IMG_9335.jpg

IMG_9339.jpg

I did my first 9 lb pork shoulder (and first all night cook) on the Stampede RT-590 yesterday. I put it on at 10:00 PM at 225 deg using hickory pellets, and it took a total of 12 hours. When it reached 165 deg I wrapped it in foil and put it back on until it reached 200 deg about 4 more hours. Then I took it off the 590 and let it rest for 2 more hours.I pulled it, and we ate some for supper.Then the rest went to the vacuum packer and into the freezer. It was great.
View attachment 10829
Looks great!

Nice! Hope you got a good nights sleep knowing the RT would take care of things. I just did my first overnight pork shoulder a couple weeks ago, too.

Looks great! I do pulled pork a lot. It seems to be the best crowd pleaser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back