Stampede More smoke flavor

Hi 5 hrs in temp 158. RT holds temps much better then my old smoker. Me thinks at this rate it is going to be a long night.

Attachments

• IMG_20200521_183159869.jpg
    IMG_20200521_183159869.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 90
  • DSC03020.JPG
    DSC03020.JPG
    765.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
So far so good. I'm looking for a priest so I can marry, the grill (y) o_O

will do 4 sure..This forum needs a profile page.So we can see where every ones from and their other hobbies.

Last edited:
Hi All Done after 9 hrs temp 196*..Going to reheat & pull later today Stay tuned.
hrs. I smoked it fat side up should have done fat side down. The fatty top had a much better bark then the bottom..oh well
Dan
PS Tasted really good. Had to test a piece before putting it away. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20200521_230348364_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20200521_230348364_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
Hi All Done after 9 hrs temp 196*..Going to reheat & pull later today Stay tuned.
hrs. I smoked it fat side up should have done fat side down. The fatty top had a much better bark then the bottom..oh well
Dan
PS Tasted really good. Had to test a piece before putting it away. ;)
Fat side up or fat side down, I trim most of it away so there's not much left but I do smoke pork fat up on these pellet grills.

I trim alot also, and there's alot of myths that have been debunked on the whole "fat deal" in general... (Up or down, wrap no wrap, water pan, stall)

Hi All But the bark looks sooo much better on the top, problem is it is all fat. :oops:
Thanks Dan

Hi All But the bark looks sooo much better on the top, problem is it is all fat. :oops:
Thanks Dan
That bark would look and be so much better on the real meat, not the useless fat. I trim the fat cap and also put it on the grill and smoke it along with the pork butt, I would let it cool and give to the dog, even she wouldn't eat it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigfishri
Back