Stampede More smoke flavor

Hi All Just a thought what about putting some pellets on the diffuser? For more smoke flavor?
Thanks Dan

Pellets on the diffuser may help some, but they will burn up fairly quickly. if you want more smoke you can try putting wood chips or charcoal on the diffuser. I have not tried this myself yet, but others have done it with success. There is also the tubes that can be purchased and other devices if you want/need more smoke.

A $20 smoke tube works great
Screenshot_20200521-092523_eBay.jpg

Hi I'm trying to stay away from the smoke tube. My wife's not crazy about smoke food. I just needed a little more on the brisket.
Thanks Dan
PS I have 4 lb boneless butt going on tonight.

My plan is go @180 extreme smoke for about 2 hrs then 225 thru the night. Pu a few chunks on the diffuser. ?
Thanks Dan
PS Wish I knew where the sweet sopt was on my grill

Hi I'm going to get a drink before I start and talk to my grill. Maybe she will give up her sweet spot.? I'm going to use Lumber Jacks fruit blend, think my grill would that?.
Dan

Hi How many drinks do I need to drink before I can hear the grill talk to me. ;) ;)
I have it running now with the pork roast on @ 180 extreme smoke..The WiFi is hanging in there.(y)

PS Today me & my wife were supposed to start our semi annual 10 day Caribbean cruise:cry:
I'd much rather be there then here
67320685_2747107235299427_6213254124532662272_o.jpg

Hi How many drinks do I need to drink before I can hear the grill talk to me. ;) ;)
I have it running now with the pork roast on @ 180 extreme smoke..The WiFi is hanging in there.(y)

PS Today me & my wife were supposed to start our semi annual 10 day Caribbean cruise:cry:
I'd much rather be there then hereView attachment 4114.
Put some sunscreen on Dan you're legs are whiter than my Irish red head skin I got stuck with.

(y) :) Question best way to test the accuracy of the pit probe.Right now it is reading 180* probe B which I put next to it is reading 170* Some where on RT app it said I have version 160 and I'm getting messages from RT on the App?
That pic must have been from the start of my last cruise.
Dan

(y) :) Question best way to test the accuracy of the pit probe.Right now it is reading 180* probe B which I put next to it is reading 170* Some where on RT app it said I have version 160 and I'm getting messages from RT on the App?
That pic must have been from the start of my last cruise.
Dan
The meat probes and even the RTD main pit temperature probe can be a little sketchy at times, I would let the grill just run but check your cooks temperature with a trusted meat probe. I set my RTD and meat probes using a trusted temperature probe placed in the center of the grill I had from my auto technician days, they were off low but not by much.
I did this only after finding my cooks took quite a bit longer to finish than the recipes called for.

I could post some pictures of my vacations in Cancun and on cruise we been on but more than likely would defiantly get kicked off this site for posting them, think about less is more. :oops:

How long do you plan on cookn that 4lb'r Dan ?
I see you said "thru the night"..
I'd go by 2hrs a pound... Even @. 2 hours of extreme smoke you're looking at midnight or less with the stall.

Change my mind about thru the night. I wanna sleep to night! I'd be home all day today..2hrs a lb sounds about right. After 2 hrs @ 180 extreme smoke then maybe 250..gees i forgot when I put it on. o_O
Just went up too 225 .The RT app just told me grill heating up to 225 and I didn't have to the leave computer.
The app seams to be working and I didn't download the newer version

Last edited:
I don't know I figured I'd be home all day today..2hrs a lb sounds about right. After 2 hrs @ 180 extreme smoke then maybe 250..gees i forgot when I put it on. o_O
I hate when I do that, thus I wish Rec Tec had a timer you could set instead of having to go else where for timers.
Dan would this happen to be a side effect of the drinks you were talking about earlier.?

I'm sure you guys have timers on your phones....
Unless you are using Amish-Bell...??...haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back