Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
Totally not related to cooking, but proud papa here… So my son, who is an officer in the Air Force stationed in Germany, has been stateside for 4 months for training in Texas. He’s headed back to Germany tomorrow via North Carolina, but he spent a week’s leave doing a WWII reenactment in Georgia! Living the life! Front row, on the left next to a buddy of his from The Citadel who is in the Marines now. To be in my mid-20’s again!

IMG_4366.jpeg

Totally not related to cooking, but proud papa here… So my son, who is an officer in the Air Force stationed in Germany, has been stateside for 4 months for training in Texas. He’s headed back to Germany tomorrow via North Carolina, but he spent a week’s leave doing a WWII reenactment in Georgia! Living the life! Front row, on the left next to a buddy of his from The Citadel who is in the Marines now. To be in my mid-20’s again!

View attachment 21341
Very cool, @Greg Jones, very cool. How well I remember the M1 Garand and the M1 Garand Carbine, along with the 1903 Springfield bolt action (I have one) and the 1917 Enfield. I think I could still field-strip and reassemble all four, and—probably- the 1911 .45 ACP as well.

Last edited:
Very cool, @Greg Jones, very cool. How well I remember the M1 Garand and the M1 Garand Carbine, along with the 1903 Springfield bolt action (I have one) and the 1917 Enfield. I think I could field-strip and reassemble all four, and—probably- the 1911 .45 ACP as well.
I have my son’s M1 in my gun safe as he could not take any firearms to Germany-don’t know who’s rifle he borrowed for this! I absolutely could field strip a .45 ACP 1911 in my sleep. I shot competitively in IDPA and USPSA for years with a 1911, probably 200K rounds! This is a picture of my reloading room at the time.
100_0339.jpeg

@Greg Jones I would be proud too. Really cool and I must agree, oh to be that age again and know what I know today! Oh hell, who cares, live life and enjoy, it is a one way ride, no turning back, go out hot!

Very cool, @Greg Jones, very cool. How well I remember the M1 Garand and the M1 Garand Carbine, along with the 1903 Springfield bolt action (I have one) and the 1917 Enfield. I think I could still field-strip and reassemble all four, and—probably- the 1911 .45 ACP as well.
@Jim6820 My father, uncle and gun collecting, shooting brother had most of those weapons you mentioned. Including AR’s and well one I won’t mention but you probably can guessI have a couple of 1911’s and a few other things but breaking down an act is like riding a bicycle for me. Great stuff you noted.

@Jim6820 My father, uncle and gun collecting, shooting brother had most of those weapons you mentioned. Including AR’s and well one I won’t mention but you probably can guessI have a couple of 1911’s and a few other things but breaking down an act is like riding a bicycle for me. Great stuff you noted.
Hmmmm. What comes immediately to my mind includes “1928” in the model number. A friend has one—legally—and it is fun to shoot.

Two years ago, my son and the other person mentioned in the first picture took ‘spring break’ from school to go to Florida to hunt invasive species (Pythons) in the Everglades. Turns out one doesn’t just walk into Mordor or hunt for snakes in the Everglades! Got off with a warning from wildfire there, but still… There are some people still in the military, that have your back. I thought growing up I had ba**s of steel, turns out I passed them on!
IMG_3472.jpeg

Two years ago, my son and the other person mentioned in the first picture took ‘spring break’ from school to go to Florida to hunt invasive species (Pythons) in the Everglades. Turns out one doesn’t just walk into Mordor or hunt for snakes in the Everglades! Got off with a warning from wildfire there, but still… There are some people still in the military, that have your back. I thought growing up I had ba**s of steel, turns out I passed them on!View attachment 21352
One thing I have learned from my significant number of years on the planet is that there's a time for "ba**s of steel" and there's a time to pass them on. Looks like you have passed them on to a worthy successor. Congrats.

God bless your son and very thankful for his service and feel lucky to be living in the USA.

I’m in Kalifornia. I lost all mine, the boat and the dock that I launched from, hehe.

View attachment 21341
Thanks for your Son’s service and to all others who protect our freedom. I was not able to serve but wanted to, and my only child (daughter) is going to school to be a Veterinarian. God Bless

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back