Stampede Life Changing Move

Still torn on this, I have looked at the Napoleon, l like the rotisserie and the sear station.

I also like the Grilla Grill Primate, it is reasonably priced, (for a grill junkie) and I like the versatility, i.e. the grill and griddle option.

@Jim6820 have you used the rotisserie? Also have you used a griddle on it or do you use a griddle at all?

I am wondering if you can add a sear station to the Grilla Grill.

Also has anyone use BBQGUYS?

Open to any ideas. I think the new house has room on the back deck for two grills, where as I have 3 now.
Hi, @Pops. I know what you are going through as I also did a lot of research before finally taking the plunge. In the long run, I think doing a lot of thinking up front allows you to be more comfortable with the final decision.

Yes, I have used the rotisserie and it works well. You just have to be sure to balance the load on the spit to avoid straining the motor. A balancing weight is provided with the Napoleon rotisserie unit and I found it to work well. Of course, nothing beats getting the spit in the center of the meat to start with.

IMG_2171.jpeg

I am not a griddle guy, so have no experience there. Sorry. I do use the sear station and really like it. As for the Grilla Grill and adding a sear station, I have no experience with that brand, so don’t know.

And, as for BBQGUYS, that’s where I purchased my Napoleon grill and accessories. It was a good experience.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

And, as for BBQGUYS, that’s where I purchased my Napoleon grill and accessories. It was a good experience.

I bought my Prestige Pro 500 from a local business here in Simsbury, Ct. They sold it to me for $400.00 off the list price, delivered it assembled with a Napoleon cover, and took away my old propane grill. Never hurts to look at your local business for a good deal. The Napoleon web site will point you to all the local businesses in your area that sell their grills.

Last edited:
I bought my Prestige Pro 500 from a local business here in Simsbury, Ct. They sold it to me for $400.00 off the list price, delivered it assembled with a Napoleon cover, and took away my old propane grill. Never hurts to look at your local business for a good deal. The Napoleon web site will point you to all the local businesses in your area that sell their grills.

I certainly agree with buying local when you can. When I purchased my Napoleon, I couldn’t find it in stock locally. BBQGuys gave me a 10% veteran’s discount and free shipping, so that turned out to be the best deal I could find at the time.

I got permission from the wifey to get the Grilla Primate soon, heck even she seems excited about it!!! :) Have a real hardware store nearby and they sell Napoleon grills, there is no argument on their build quality and overall product.........but yeah you're gonna pay. :)

Yes, I am a small business guy and buying local is a priority for me

@PRC Thanks, that is good advice. Sometimes you just forget you can by local!

My son is moving to CT in a few months! He is graduating next week, then moving to the Groton/NL area.

Reactions: PRC
My son is moving to CT in a few months! He is graduating next week, then moving to the Groton/NL area.
I spent a number of years living in Groton stationed at the sub base and Electric Boat when I was in the Navy. Still get down there ever couple of months. love smelling the ocean air when I am down there and the lobster rolls at the Sea Swirl in Mystic.

In my opinion, don’t cheap out. I love my Lynx Professional gasser. You can get it configured with porcelain trident burners with or without a sear station and you can hit 1100F in 8 minutes. It is made in the USA using domestic metals (primarilly 304SS) and is designed to last a lifetime. The only negative is the “buy in“ price for the 36” is over $10,000, fully configured can run just under $16,000. but I don’t regret the investment and mine is 20 years old. If you want to compromise, they have their Sedona line that may be a better price point but lacks some of the extras.

Best of luck with whatever you decide, @Pops. I am going through something similar to what @Pacman described; moving away from my 30X42 shop building with lots of tools I can’t take to the new house. And, the new house does not have natural gas, so I had to abandon my favorite Napoleon 450RB natural gas grill and purchase a propane version.

Life has its challenges and we need to adapt as we gain more “seniority.” I’m sure you will be able to sort things out and come up with a way to keep doing your outdoor cooking. I think you could probably get away with a smoke tube in a gas grill to get a bit of that familiar flavor. If anyone asks about the smoke, just tell them it is caused by the drippings from the meat. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the new adventure.
I owned a napoleon grill for 11 years. They always sent me free parts and I used a tube smoker on the regular. Also smart or not I used a tray set on the sear plates with charcoal. However the sear station is great while it works. I will say though that I bought it. Only because it’s rotisserie tube at the back allowed me to turn it up or down for my desired temp. I would have a new one but I bought the rt700. No ceramic in the back it’s metal. I abused the napoleon and if I buy any gas one it will be Napoleon. Semper Fi Pop!

@Pops , you're clearly a much better husband and partner than I am. My bride of similar vintage started making noise about similar ideas, but after a little research on some of the places she had in mind, I channeled my inner child, had a full blown hissy fit, and professed that I'd never cook again if I can't cook with fire and smoke. Between no outdoor cooking options and no place for a lifetime collection of tools and other stuff I purchased for various projects that I'll probably never use again, I exercised my hard veto. It made me feel young again!
Yes, they are the NEW "Nursing Homes" of the day.... A friend of mine's expenses just went up $ 1,800.00 per Month.....Guess inflation hits the over 55 folks as well... LMAO...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirkster
Back