Bull lid seal

I hate to be that guy but.....
You both have sealed lids and you both have the 3 RPM motors. Just a friendly observation so be nice 🤔
Lol well I’d prefer to have the 3rpm but i’d be fine without seals if needed

I hate to be that guy but.....
You both have sealed lids and you both have the 3 RPM motors. Just a friendly observation so be nice 🤔
Thank you for the friendly observation 🙂. What’s your working hypothesis?

Thank you for the friendly observation 🙂. What’s your working hypothesis?
Imagine if you will, a world where a bunch a folks purchased 3 RPM motors then flooded the seller with calls. I bet said vendor would probably stop selling above mentioned 3 RPM motors.

Strictly speculation on my part.

Remove the 3 RPM motor
That’s a good thought, but the motor is one thing that hasn’t changed since day one of grill ownership. What are your thoughts as to why the temps were steady with the 3 rpm motor until yesterday?

Imagine if you will, a world where a bunch a folks purchased 3 RPM motors then flooded the seller with calls. I bet said vendor would probably stop selling above mentioned 3 RPM motors.

That’s an excellent point, but possibly a separate issue?

IMO they stopped the sale of the 3rpm by itself because they need to either make sure they have enough for the newly made 1250s and possible issues with people who purchased it or to not make it so simple to get what a 1250 has out of a 700

Different controller firmware?
So I just ran a quick test. 90* or so day
Set grill at 225 and was doing its bouncing around.
Cranked it up to 350 and was dead on for about an hour straight
Dropped it to 275 for 40min and was dead on.
Brought it to 250 and it was moving a few degrees up and down the whole time.
Back to 225 and all over again.
So I’m going to say with current temp here and the 3rpm 15 might be a better setting if im trying to keep lower temps like that.

So I just ran a quick test. 90* or so day
Set grill at 225 and was doing its bouncing around.
Cranked it up to 350 and was dead on for about an hour straight
Dropped it to 275 for 40min and was dead on.
Brought it to 250 and it was moving a few degrees up and down the whole time.
Back to 225 and all over again.
So I’m going to say with current temp here and the 3rpm 15 might be a better setting if im trying to keep lower temps like that.
Sure doesn't sound like a lid seal issue?

Well if it is. Its because my lid seals are offended by lower temps so they screw things up until the temp rises
Seals are sensitive creatures.

Seals are sensitive creatures.
5295A19F-A51D-4522-A6E8-B6DB9CD7262E.jpeg

Preparation​

1. Cut up seal, keeping bones in meat for improved taste & nutrition.
  2. Boil seal meat in enough water to cover meat.
  3. Add the vegetables and seasonings. Boil until seal meat is cooked & vegetables are tender. May add seaweed to broth at end of cooking.
  4. When done, remove seal meat from pot & serve on platter, with an accompanying cup of broth.
Ketchup makes a fine dip for the seal meat, if so desired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back