Meat inflation ruining barbecue

Attempting to change up things up a bit, this is Gay Fish Company, a golf cart ride away from our South Carolina home on Saint Helena Island! This is half their shrimp catch from yesterday, they are bringing more in today! We will be down there in two weeks and 1 day! $5.00/pound with head on!
IMG_1170.jpeg

Spare me the word salad and show me the proof the election was fraudulent. I'll wait.

I won't here wrestle in the mud with ya, "bet face to face would be fun though". So what yummy meat have you cooked lately, due to all these cheap meat prices occurring from inflation being so low, it's not like EVERYTHING was cheaper for us all 2016-2020?

I just pulled a slab from the freezer to smoke this weekend. Also a couple pork chops. The Jewels has a sale every once in awhile, buy one, get two free on ribs. I get 9 slabs every time. Two slabs left. Sure hope they run that sale again soon....

I'm glad I stocked up the freezer pretty well starting "4" years ago, still eating on some of the 3 year old meat and it's very much good and yummy. Getting that half steer before month's end........very stoked about that. :)

I won't here wrestle in the mud with ya, "bet face to face would be fun though". So what yummy meat have you cooked lately, due to all these cheap meat prices occurring from inflation being so low, it's not like EVERYTHING was cheaper for us all 2016-2020?
😊 Just did a choice Costco brisket. I think it was $3.99 a pound. A little pricier than normal but not too bad.

I happened to visit my local Costco today and the prices haven’t changed much in the last 6 months. However, I had to say no to the the Louis XIII because it has become outrageously expensive, lol.

IMG_1747 Medium.jpeg

IMG_1745 Medium.jpeg

IMG_1746 Medium.jpeg

Last edited:
I just saw a news headline (Not fact checked 🤔) that read something to the effect that folks are buying less fast food due to prices. I guess this points to the $20.00 burgers noted in the Meatflation thread. Maybe this good while being sad. Good to cut down on junk, sad things have gone this far. Happy Friday!

I just saw a news headline (Not fact checked 🤔) that read something to the effect that folks are buying less fast food due to prices. I guess this points to the $20.00 burgers noted in the Meatflation thread. Maybe this good while being sad. Good to cut down on junk, sad things have gone this far. Happy Friday!
Increasing minimum wage didn't help.

It is true, but it is also true that they have a greater profit than ever before. Their profit margin is better than 33% on 14.45 Billion dollars at the end of 2023. Same thing goes with supermarkets - greater profits than ever before. We shop at Aldi. We save an average of 45% a week over Publix prices. This is comparing apples to apples. Using the Publix Generic brand to the Aldi brand. In many cases it is the same brand at lower prices. Same bag of avacados (Same brand , same size) Aldi 2.89, Publix 6.99 - and you think it's the government doing this to you? Supermarkets used to make it on a 2% profit margin, Last year ended with a 7% margin on 57 Billion dollars in sales. It made more than Krogers made on 150 Billion in sales. Here is the article : https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...rida-rivals-it-s-worth-50-billion/ar-BB1jNI4c - Not everything fox tells you is true.

CKeeper,
I agree minimum wage changes are pivotal in understanding inflation. In Kalifornia they ‘naively’ increased the hourly rate for large ownership fast food restaurant workers to $20.00/hour. As soon as that happened, city bus workers who were only making ~17.00/hr complained because they are responsible for keeping lives safe not shaking the fry basket so they asked for and are receiving $23/hr. When the nurses and health care providers including aids, hospital workers, cafeteria, and similar vocations, found out the bus drivers were making more, they immediately asked and will get more because they are the key to keeping people alive. As a result, now the “living wage” fast food workers can’t afford to take their families to eat the fast food they prepare because a typical #1 Combo at McD’s went from ~8.99 to the new price of $14.99 to cover the additional wages and overhead, not including taxes that are also increase your meal price because the percentages stayed the same but the basis (i.e., taxes on the additional $6.00 for the meal) takes a bigger bite out of your wallet which further fuels the state and county workers as their wages increase. I wish I could offer a solution because I believe everyone deserves a fair wage, but at some point, this state will not be affordable for the average hard working family and it will implode under its own inflationary rules. I hate to be an antagonist (ok, maybe I do) but I think hard working people should be able to live anywhere they want in this great country of ours.

CKeeper,
I agree minimum wage changes are pivotal in understanding inflation. In Kalifornia they ‘naively’ increased the hourly rate for large ownership fast food restaurant workers to $20.00/hour. As soon as that happened, city bus workers who were only making ~17.00/hr complained because they are responsible for keeping lives safe not shaking the fry basket so they asked for and are receiving $23/hr. When the nurses and health care providers including aids, hospital workers, cafeteria, and similar vocations, found out the bus drivers were making more, they immediately asked and will get more because they are the key to keeping people alive. As a result, now the “living wage” fast food workers can’t afford to take their families to eat the fast food they prepare because a typical #1 Combo at McD’s went from ~8.99 to the new price of $14.99 to cover the additional wages and overhead, not including taxes that are also increase your meal price because the percentages stayed the same but the basis (i.e., taxes on the additional $6.00 for the meal) takes a bigger bite out of your wallet which further fuels the state and county workers as their wages increase. I wish I could offer a solution because I believe everyone deserves a fair wage, but at some point, this state will not be affordable for the average hard working family and it will implode under its own inflationary rules. I hate to be an antagonist (ok, maybe I do) but I think hard working people should be able to live anywhere they want in this great country of ours.
I wish I could disagree, I can't.

CKeeper,
11011526_972368132807168_7618471340171802478_n.jpg

Perfect summary. And most people think the government is dumb. They also now have to file and pay more for Federal and State income taxes because their household income is above the minimum levels. They got what they wanted but don’t understand cause and impact. The big “gotcha” lives on.
Ya, welcome to reality....

Trump and his band of legal dipshits were 1-62 trying to prove the election was fraudulent. Try again.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Not going to go down rabbit holes with you. Though it is interesting that of all the facts I typed, the only one you honed in on was the loss of his challenges, which weren't a loss in the system, because they refused to even check. (big difference).
However elections aside, it still stands today, that the current Resident in the White House and the same birds in the Congress, have screwed up this economy so badly that they have effectively washed out Gen Z from possibly ever being able to own a home.

In case you missed it....

inflationfacts.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Not going to go down rabbit holes with you. Though it is interesting that of all the facts I typed, the only one you honed in on was the loss of his challenges, which weren't a loss in the system, because they refused to even check. (big difference).
However elections aside, it still stands today, that the current Resident in the White House and the same birds in the Congress, have screwed up this economy so badly that they have effectively washed out Gen Z from possibly ever being able to own a home.

In case you missed it....

View attachment 21778With all due respect, as I already stated, printing trillions out of thin air to buy election year votes causes this phenomena. Politicians of both ideologies are to blame. Those who insist on blaming one party or the other are blind and are part of the problem.

Don't forget the mandatory tipping :)

I guess reading isn't your strong suit..

Here I will take an excerpt from what I typed: "..the current Resident in the White House and the same birds in the Congress,"
I didn't blame one side at all. Slow down, take a breath, you will be OK.
:ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavro85
Back