Let's see your grill set up!

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Matador
  4. WyldSide
I have about half the grills recteq makes all scattered throughout a small patio. I'd love to see how you all have your grills set up as inspiration for me to get these organized in a way that makes using them more enjoyable.

Yeah sorry. I realize I should send a photo. I'm out, but I'll do it when I get home!

We are “between” homes right now, so the best I can do is a gas grill on the new patio.

A3B813F6-3B8A-4C4F-B66E-8E7EA311DB55.jpeg

We’ll be bringing the Trailblazer down here pretty soon and setting up an outdoor kitchen. Moving is such a pain! Can’t wait until it is over.

Last edited:
Love your yard Jim. Your fence or neighbors, beautiful.!

Reason I asked is because I've seen some nice landscaping utilizing neighbors fence.
Thanks! It is our fence and it completely encloses our 1/3-acre back yard, so we can use it as we wish. It is also great for our two Miniature Schnauzers (Ellie & Liesl) as they have some room to roam and romp. They do take full advantage of it!

Once we get fully moved in here and sell the other house, I need to get to work on creating our outdoor kitchen. The covered patio provides a decent place to start.

My set up is modest but all the toys are not out in this picture. Missing is the New Braunsfel Vertical Cast Iron stick burner, the Blackstone Tailgater grill/griddle, the Weber 22”, and the Kenmore Elite 42” gasser. There are a few other smaller grills for the RV but I like to only take out what I am going to use.

25DB67CF-72C7-46AC-BF82-051A8BC884E6.jpeg

I didn't get any notifications for this thread so I thought it was dead until I got a summary of threads via email this morning. I love all of these. My set up is similar to smokezillas, but not as organized. I would love one to one day have one of these covered set ups but I don't think that's going to work well with the way my yard is designed. These are beautiful.

We have our Grills on the back Patio, east side of the House
As you walk our there, you see this:
Our Cooking Set-up 1.JPG

Our Cooking Set-up 2.JPG

To the North is our 4 Burner Gasser, hooked-up to the House's LNG, with the Propane Turkey Fryer below the "InfraRed" Side Burner :
Our Cooking Set-up 3.JPG

A small Table and 4 Chairs just out of view, lower left
And yes, those are (6) Chickens in that enclosure ....

To the South, on the other side of the Spa, lives the Bull:
Our Cooking Set-up 4.JPG

Yeah, it IS uncovered and in the elements :censored:

It ain't much, but it work for the two of us

"Yeah, it IS uncovered and in the elements"
And this is what we woke-up to:
Our Cooking Set-up 5.JPG

Time to "COLD Smoke" some more Cheese 🥶

Last edited:
Yeah Drake, we need to do something like that for our extra Pellets too
A couple months back, I bought-out the last of the CampChef Alder Pellets, 500+ lbs worth and I need a good storage area to put them
The floor of my Shop ain't cuttin' it

Does anyone know what we need for clearance around the smokers? Don’t see anything in the manual.

forget it, found something on the Traeger site that’ll work, 12” around, 40” over.

I‘m not a fire fighter but a lot of my friends are…
It is typical to keep a 3‘ distance surrounding any source of heat. That obviously varies based on the anticipated temperature, potential fire mitigation techniques/firewalls, construction materials, extinguishing apparatus, and how the device will be operated. Another factor to consider is smoke. You don’t want it too close to the house or to an input source for your ventilation system. Although the smell of smoked meats is enticing, after a few hours of smelling it in your house, the new wears off it quickly. One other consideration is the source of energy/heat. I don’t recommend anyone put a propane tank anywhere the house. If there is a fire, that thing becomes a “bomb” spraying shrapnel everywhere. I also endorse sensors and an automatic shutoff valve inline for any natural gas setup.

Just to show you what good doesn’t look like is a picture of my backyard neighbors house after his $80,000 outdoor kitchen created by a designer had a runaway temperature sensor at 4:40AM. After 2.5 years and $600,000 worth of reconstruction, they are finally back in their house. I’ll update the picture but as you can probably guess, no outdoor kitchen this time!

4AF1D712-08CF-4E06-BD1C-F08A15AC1681.jpeg

I‘m not a fire fighter but a lot of my friends are…
It is typical to keep a 3‘ distance surrounding any source of heat. That obviously varies based on the anticipated temperature, potential fire mitigation techniques/firewalls, construction materials, extinguishing apparatus, and how the device will be operated. Another factor to consider is smoke. You don’t want it too close to the house or to an input source for your ventilation system. Although the smell of smoked meats is enticing, after a few hours of smelling it in your house, the new wears off it quickly. One other consideration is the source of energy/heat. I don’t recommend anyone put a propane tank anywhere the house. If there is a fire, that thing becomes a “bomb” spraying shrapnel everywhere. I also endorse sensors and an automatic shutoff valve inline for any natural gas setup.

Just to show you what good doesn’t look like is a picture of my backyard neighbors house after his $80,000 outdoor kitchen created by a designer had a runaway temperature sensor at 4:40AM. After 2.5 years and $600,000 worth of reconstruction, they are finally back in their house. I’ll update the picture but as you can probably guess, no outdoor kitchen this time!

View attachment 19155
Two of my friends have worked at a local rescue squad for years and have many indoor & outdoor kitchen and grill fire horror stories.

All my grills have been situated on elevated wooden decks, never been left unattended for extended periods of time or used for overnight cooks.

All I have now is an RT-1250. Got rid of my old Grand Turbo monster and dealt my ~15 year old Weber kettle to a friend in need.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxBabu
Back