Very disappointed with quality

MaxBabu

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hi there- I just got my Bullet and was excited to put it together only to discover the holes in the body are way too small for the included screws. I see now it is made in China which explains it. I called support and was told to watch the assembly video, which I did but didn’t see anything about small screw holes.

Did anyone else encounter this? I will only be buying made in America going forward.

You're gonna be paying BIG BIG BUCKS for American made, sure you are willing to do that? Are you 100% sure this isn't some mistake on your part, and how much assembly is needed on that model? My 590 didn't have much assembly at all, but this could be an apples to oranges comparison.

I sent them pictures and they confirmed those are the correct screws. I would rather pay more and be able to use the grill than what I am going through now trying to fix this. Definitely a learning moment for me. It’s a BT-380, I only need to attach the legs but the holes are too small for the screws.

Hi there- I just got my Bullet and was excited to put it together only to discover the holes in the body are way too small for the included screws. I see now it is made in China which explains it. I called support and was told to watch the assembly video, which I did but didn’t see anything about small screw holes.

Did anyone else encounter this? I will only be buying made in America going forward.
Same thing happened to me with one of the screw holes in the hinge. Tried a second screw and same thing. I'm just making due with 2 of the three screws. Seems tight enough.

Same thing happened to me with one of the screw holes in the hinge. Tried a second screw and same thing. I'm just making due with 2 of the three screws. Seems tight enough.
Just put a nut and lock washer on the inside.

Quality (lack of) has been a popular topic here and on several forums.

I'll probably get banned for saying this...🙏🙏
but my pit boss has been perfect for two years now.....

(probably jinxed myself too)

Sorry to hear of your issues and its totally unacceptable. My 1100 was easy to assemble and has been performing flawlessly for the last 6 months since purchase. The one thing I am not happy about is the fact that the company does absolutely nothing to increase bandwidth on their server so that on busy weekends there is enough bandwidth to provide various iformation and alarms (temp overrun or under run or warning about cook is near the end). To get these features to work on weekends (it does work during the week most of the time) you have to go to third party temp probes and monitoring system - which is actually better than what comes standard with almost any grill - but at the end of the day it is something that you have paid for. So why does the company turn such a blind eye to this issue as if they don't give a hoot? Because of this blatant behavior by Recteq to ignore a very well known shortcoming in their offering, Im not convinced that this company provides great value anymore and don’t recommend it to my friends. I already had third party temp probe monitoring system so Im not flying in the dark - its the principal of the thing and Recteq corporate attitude/philosophy speaks volumes.

I sent them pictures and they confirmed those are the correct screws. I would rather pay more and be able to use the grill than what I am going through now trying to fix this. Definitely a learning moment for me. It’s a BT-380, I only need to attach the legs but the holes are too small for the screws.
It's a couple of screw holes. If you can't manage redrilling to size to make it work then maybe this grill isn't for you and you can hand in your man card. It's a great grill none the less. After Covid quality has gone down for everything. Suck it up buttercup and bitch about something more worthy.

Enlarge the hole it has to go through.

I got my 700 last March, I put it together myself and I am a handicapped Vet, it says to use 2 people, I had my wife help when it was time to put it on its wheels (right side up) other than that I put it together self, however, their WiFi at that time would not work for a couple of weeks finally the last person I talked just said wait for the update for the app the rest were a waste of my time. The second thing is was the Dam 700 cover what a pain in the a** it is like putting something on 2 sizes too small and it is starting to tear at the seam.
I follow the forums for RT and take notes of any problems and how to solve them.

The hole is suppose to be smaller, the screws are self taping tightly into the hole to hold the legs. Put a little muscle into it and install the legs, then cook on your very nice grill and enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back