RT-1250 LavaLock question

SmokinHog

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I plan to install LavaLock tape soon, and I've seen you guys mention Bar Keepers Friend as a good cleaner to really clean the already blackened areas. Should i use the liquid or the powder and how long should I leave it to get things clean enough for the tape to stick properly?

The liquid is considerably easier to work with, but the first time I cleaned I used the powder on a damp sponge. Once you've cleaned to your liking, use a solvent like alcohol, acetone, etc. to get the surface clean where you're going to apply the LavaLock tape.

The liquid is considerably easier to work with, but the first time I cleaned I used the powder on a damp sponge. Once you've cleaned to your liking, use a solvent like alcohol, acetone, etc. to get the surface clean where you're going to apply the LavaLock tape.
Thanks for the tip. I wonder if it's better to put the tape on the lid or the main body.

Yup, definitely the lid. FWIW, I liked the "soft close" of the lid so much, I used the leftover tape and did the hopper lid (totally unnecessary).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back